P700 Warranty is JUNK

L

Liz

Jun 2, 2021
Madison, WI
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
We bought the Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe brand new, one week later while driving 10 mph the drive shaft disconnected. We have been waiting 2 months for the part and are being told that the earliest we can expect to have it fixed is another 1 and 1/2 months from now. We own many other Honda ATVs and have never had a problem, other than the numerous recalls, but after this one I don't think we will ever buy one again. If it takes a minimum of 3 1/2 months to get it fixed when there is a warranty issue, then I would advise against buying.

• Sad
Reactions: ChadD and toddvdh
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is it the axle or driveshaft? Front or rear?

I had this same problem with my local mastercraft dealer last year. It took them 4 weeks to get me and the insurance company a quote for a driveshaft and prop. Then they told me 2 months for the parts to come in. I told them i wasn't paying anything for diagnosis because they wasted my whole June "diagnosing" the problem, and i picked up my boat.

I ended up calling a dealer in MN on a thursday. They offered to meet me halfway in wausau and pull my boat the rest of the way to MN on friday. The boat was done and they met me back in wausau on tuesday. I will never go to my local boat dealer again and drive the 4 hours to this other dealer who cares.

That being said, right now is a weird time for parts, but it looks like you can find them online. It might be worth it to call another dealer.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well welcome from Michigan!

Sorry to hear about your problems. the china virus has alot to do with your waiting for parts. Dont blame Honda. If its an axle, you can buy a good aftermarket one now and be done with it and call it good or wait for one to come in on the slow boat.

BTW, Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)🥳

H

HondaTech

We bought the Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe brand new, one week later while driving 10 mph the drive shaft disconnected. We have been waiting 2 months for the part and are being told that the earliest we can expect to have it fixed is another 1 and 1/2 months from now. We own many other Honda ATVs and have never had a problem, other than the numerous recalls, but after this one I don't think we will ever buy one again. If it takes a minimum of 3 1/2 months to get it fixed when there is a warranty issue, then I would advise against buying.

Normally parts are 3 to 5 days, and thats worst case. Order on Monday get it on Wednesday. Back on the road by the weekend.

With the Scamdemic, everything is in the s***ter and cant be made fast enough.

Stuff you wouldn't believe could go on backorder (oil filters, spark plugs, air filters) have been in and out of open order for months.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This complaint has nothing to do with a warranty and little relevance to Honda. The problem is component parts.

The entire civilized world shut down during parts of the Wuhan Virus aka Chinese biological warfare attack. The result is normal supply chains of almost everything we depend on was disrupted so everything is unavailable or in short supply. In some cases small manufacturers went out of business permanently.

We live in a world economy now. Large manufactured items like cars, trucks, and atvs are assembled from hundreds of component parts made by smaller manufacturers all over the world and connected by various forms of transportation - ground, air, ship, etc. Every link in the chain involves people. Thousands of people. All were potentially or actually effected by COVID-19.

This is a Honda sxs forum so we talk about Honda brand atvs but the problem is widespread.. It effects every industry. Try ordering furniture, appliances, or many other things. It's the same everywhere.

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
When mine had a fuel pump go out they had it fixed within a week. And mine also had a shock blowout and they had it fixed in less than a week. I think it's just parts are tough to get I wouldn't really be mad at Honda for that

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You aughta see my empty 20 acres where I normally keep 1200 trucks and SUVs...

Yeah what everyone above me said. It bites ass that we can't get parts or trucks or side by sides or axles, but what can we do?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Liz welcome to the forum! Glad you could come here to vent. I'd suggest, as others, you look into an aftermarket one for now. You wouldn't believe how many people and for how long have been waiting for entire machines. It's just life these days. Do you have any pictures of your new machine and it's issue?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
If it takes a minimum of 3 1/2 months to get it fixed when there is a warranty issue, then I would advise against buying.
This is not a Honda problem, it’s a global problem right now, and everybody seems to be taking advantage of Covid...

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
I bought brand new Ruckus scooter in March probably the simplest machine in the Honda powersports lineup... first ride out the overheat light came on. Turns out to be a simple water pump issue, took well over a month for Honda to get the part to the dealer.

Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
T
This is not a Honda problem, it’s a global problem right now, and everybody seems to be taking advantage of Covid...

To your point, it is wide spread and it's impacting the supply chain of a wide range of products. As yet another example, I ordered a Generac 24KW home back up generator system last October and they still can't tell me when it'll get here.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Another welcome from Michigan, it is not Honda as numerous folks have stated it is a reality these days.
Be mad at the china virus if you need to place the anger.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!