P1000 Warren winch

D

DonDittmar

Nov 16, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lookin at the Warren VRX45 winch to install on my 2020 P1000-5. I have the KFI mount already and am about ready to pull the trigger on the winch itself, but before I do I just wanted to make sure this combo will work. Anyone use this setup?

Reactions: Lady01
Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the old style KFI with that winch. Worked fine but didn't like the line angle. Also had piles of seed/debris pile up at base of winch. Switched to the winch mount which improved line angle and no longer get debris piles in there. Forgot the brand of my new mount. It is basically a flat vertical plate which mounts to the frame (not bumper) and is held in by u-bolts.

D

DonDittmar

Nov 16, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply. I have gone 2 years now and not needed a winch so I don’t plan on using it too much but don’t want to be in a position where I need it and don’t have it

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In 2 years I think I've only pulled myself out of the mud twice. I use mine more often hooked to a tree to lift the front end up to make washing easier

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!