P1000m5 Water from gas pedal 2018 1k-5

jdgriner

jdgriner

Sep 4, 2019
Pacific Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All right I've got a 2018 1 K - 5, every time I hit a small puddle I get tons of water coming in from the gas/brake pedals... What mod have y'all done to fix this?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’d be interested to know of one!
I personally don’t think fixing this will fix the lower area of the rigs water problems, there’s spots like that on the lower half all over the machine.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
jdgriner

jdgriner

Sep 4, 2019
Pacific Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d be interested to know of one!
I personally don’t think fixing this will fix the lower area of the rigs water problems, there’s spots like that on the lower half all over the machine.
With the doors and windshield, I can hit some pretty deep water, and not get wet except for petals. Saturday we went to an off-road park, and I would hit water puddles going pretty fast, and I had water up to my chest coming in through the petals. Something's got to change on that.

I don't have water coming in anywhere else.

R

rickoshea

All right I've got a 2018 1 K - 5, every time I hit a small puddle I get tons of water coming in from the gas/brake pedals... What mod have y'all done to fix this?

i took a bunch of left over boom mat and plastered the firewall all around it and then spraypainted it black(outside is silver backing).i didn't stop it but it sure slowed it down alot.i still need to put more around the pedal spring opening,and i think that will abate it even more.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I'm sure it's just the hole for the spring...

R

rickoshea

That and the factory cup holders, world's worst engineers, who designs a redneck play toy, with a cup holder that won't hold anything bigger than a 12 oz can?

yeah,i fixed the cupholder almost immediately after i got it.fortunately i had a box of cupholders from a previous boat project.i get that the oem holders hold a beverage can well,but nothing else.

Last edited:
advertisement
SuperMidget

SuperMidget

Feb 24, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They work just fine for us. Factory cup holders will keep firm grip on a water bottle even at 70 down the highway on the trailer.

C

cattmann

Oct 26, 2018
canada
Ownership

1. 500
I agree. Whomever designed that spring opening needs to be shot.
I packed automotive windshield installation tape into the hole around the spring and also packed it into the centre of the spring When you press on the pedal your only stretching the first few loops of the spring closest to the pedal .It worked great It comes in a roll.Not sure where you would find a small amount I had some left over from a windshield install years ago

R

rickoshea

gutter and siding silicone works really well for small holes/leaks.especially if you have an aluminum roof.i touched up my pedal sealant job i did with boom mat with a little gutter silicone and it still holds to this day.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
butyl rubber tape "caulk" is available in both white and black. It's like sticky modeling clay. Push and mold it into place. It sticks to stuff, including itself, and stays put, doesn't dry out or get hard. The exposed surface stays tacky unless it gets dirty etc. Works well for sealing small areas. Temperature range is -20F to 275F. Very handy to have around the shop.

Butyl rubber tape/caulk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How about waring some scuba gear and be done with it? Or better yet, buy a bronco or Jeep? 😂 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Obviously you aren't privy to the terrible roof leak fiasco plaguing the new Bronco hardtop 🤣
Yes I am. Im told that I we can be assured any bronco coming off the line starting Oct 1st from a relative that works at the Wayne truck plant as a Fab guy, that some things had to be changed to fix that issue so..🤷‍♂️ take it for what its worth lol
But yeah they had an issue.

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!