P1000 Way to Carry Landscaping Tools

A

Archy14

Dec 6, 2020
GA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Howdy folks. Shopping for a SXS and really like the Pioneer 1000 (mainly the 3 seater). Really want to have a way to carry around rakes, shovels, string trimmers, pole saws and other similar tools or items (like fishing rods) that are sort of long like these items. Don’t want to just put these items in the bed since they won’t really fit or be secured while getting from Point A to B, plus want to save the bed space for other items.

Really disappointing that Honda doesn’t have the nifty bed side pockets that others like Polaris and Can Am have that provide a plethora of options for easy mounting and removal of racks and accessories into those pockets for just about anything you can think of. Polaris especially has this figured out.

Though I really like the Honda, I’m probably gonna have to go with Polaris Ranger 1000 due to them having so many accessory options for the bed that allow for carrying the items mentioned above.

But wanted to reach out to you all and see how you may be carrying these kinds of things with your machines or if maybe you could point me to some accessories that would work for this on the Pioneer (3 seat or 5 seat).

Thanks in advance.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Howdy folks. Shopping for a SXS and really like the Pioneer 1000 (mainly the 3 seater). Really want to have a way to carry around rakes, shovels, string trimmers, pole saws and other similar tools or items (like fishing rods) that are sort of long like these items. Don’t want to just put these items in the bed since they won’t really fit or be secured while getting from Point A to B, plus want to save the bed space for other items.

Really disappointing that Honda doesn’t have the nifty bed side pockets that others like Polaris and Can Am have that provide a plethora of options for easy mounting and removal of racks and accessories into those pockets for just about anything you can think of. Polaris especially has this figured out.

Though I really like the Honda, I’m probably gonna have to go with Polaris Ranger 1000 due to them having so many accessory options for the bed that allow for carrying the items mentioned above.

But wanted to reach out to you all and see how you may be carrying these kinds of things with your machines or if maybe you could point me to some accessories that would work for this on the Pioneer (3 seat or 5 seat).

Thanks in advance.
I have seen a few Kubota/John Deere UTV's used by the lawncare company that does the groundskeeping for our office that use lengths of 3-4" diameter PVC tube with a cap on the bottom to hold rakes, shovels, etc. Looked to me like they are just strapped to the sides of the cage on the Kubota and the JD is a Gator with no cage so I'm not sure how they've got them attached. They just throw them in there and go. Takes up no space in the back and makes for easy access.

This is overkill, but you can probably get the idea. Just imagine a smaller PVC tube attached to the side of the UTV:

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!