P500 Weak floor board

joey400ex

joey400ex

Mar 18, 2015
After owning my P500, I have caught it on fire and rain a small pine tree through the bottom of the floor board. Does anyone have issues with the plastic breaking on the floor board. I had to stitch mine back together with some heavy duty zip ties. I was following a buddy down a dirt road which they had been cutting pines and he kicked up a small pine tree (6 feet long) which shot through the floor between my legs under the seat. Scared me pretty good.... could have been a trip to the hospital.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
After owning my P500, I have caught it on fire and rain a small pine tree through the bottom of the floor board. Does anyone have issues with the plastic breaking on the floor board. I had to stitch mine back together with some heavy duty zip ties. I was following a buddy down a dirt road which they had been cutting pines and he kicked up a small pine tree (6 feet long) which shot through the floor between my legs under the seat. Scared me pretty good.... could have been a trip to the hospital.
Caught a stick and felt the thing push the floor up real hard. Thought it was coming through.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015

How did it catch on fire, or am I reading that right?! The floorboards do seem a little weak, they make full skid plates that cover that area if you are going to be riding in that type of terrain.

joey400ex

joey400ex

Mar 18, 2015
How did it catch on fire, or am I reading that right?! The floorboards do seem a little weak, they make full skid plates that cover that area if you are going to be riding in that type of terrain.
I incorrectly install a light bar and the power wire grounded to frame. Skid plate is a great idea, didn't know they make them.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
that's insane joey you got lucky that could have been really bad and it must have just hit it right in order to punch through like that my brothers wildcat has really exposed inner fenders that that happened to so I made alu dimond plate panels for

joey400ex

joey400ex

Mar 18, 2015
the ranger in front of me kicked it up as we were moving, it went through the fender well first then though the floor so a skid plate would have not saved me.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I incorrectly install a light bar and the power wire grounded to frame. Skid plate is a great idea, didn't know they make them.

Here is an example of the coverage, these can be expensive, could fab something up yourself and save some $$ if you just need floorboard coverage.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Skids are really a must and the UHMW is the way to go. Aluminum bends and "sticks" to the dirt the UHMW slides.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!