P500 Not Nerf-bars / Not Running Boards

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
MUD - Deflector
Made out of Tailgate Protector ( top edge protector ) cut in 1/2.
Keeps most of what front tire kicks-up off side of P500 & you. ( New P520 DOORS too )

Cut 8 pieces of : 1/4in. thick -- 1x1 angle steel ---1-1/2 wide -- drilled & tapped 1/4x20 thread on all 16 -- 1x1-1/2 surfaces
WELDED : 4 Pieces on each side of P500 -- of the angle steel to the bottom of roll frame -- located where the full UHM skid attaches.

SSS recomends drilling holes & Put bolts through that frame ( felt holes would allow water in the frame ) went my own way no water in the frame.

The SSS SKID is bolted into bottom of the welded on angle & the Mud-guard bolts into the side of welded on angle using the 1/4x20 tapped holes.
The pictures should help.
3rd picture shows Welded pieces - 4th.picture is of bottom showing -- bolts holding Skid & Mud - Deflector

20210314 163227 20210314 163314 20210314 163419 20210314 163821

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks.
Leaving Black ( No Maint )
Only purpose is less maint. cleaning.
Believe will take a hit & stay there.
Maybe I Should add a name tag in case they fall off ( trail police can return & issue a ticket )

Need a Safety Label ( NO STEP ) to be running boards.

Booster Pac 8yrs. Old
Battery store put my name & phone on when they replaced Battery --New didn't hold charge - Warnteed- replaced again 2nd. replacement wouldn't hold charge.
Always kept in Cab 1 trip to camp needed room in Cab put booster-in back back covered with tarp ( moved around & bounced out ) not even oh sh!t OH GOOD now I have a reason to replace the Bad Apple booster.
Low & behold wouldn't a neighboring camp member find & return using battery store info.
Couldn't evevn Loose that Boomerang Booster. Purchased NEW any way.

Moral of this story --be careful what what has your name on it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
MUD - Deflector
Made out of Tailgate Protector ( top edge protector ) cut in 1/2.
Keeps most of what front tire kicks-up off side of P500 & you. ( New P520 DOORS too )

Cut 8 pieces of : 1/4in. thick -- 1x1 angle steel ---1-1/2 wide -- drilled & tapped 1/4x20 thread on all 16 -- 1x1-1/2 surfaces
WELDED : 4 Pieces on each side of P500 -- of the angle steel to the bottom of roll frame -- located where the full UHM skid attaches.

SSS recomends drilling holes & Put bolts through that frame ( felt holes would allow water in the frame ) went my own way no water in the frame.

The SSS SKID is bolted into bottom of the welded on angle & the Mud-guard bolts into the side of welded on angle using the 1/4x20 tapped holes.
The pictures should help.
3rd picture shows Welded pieces - 4th.picture is of bottom showing -- bolts holding Skid & Mud - Deflector

View attachment 260653 View attachment 260654 View attachment 260655 View attachment 260656
Looks good. Will these have epic tales to be told like Trigger's nerf bars have? I think last I heard Chuck Norris kicked his nerf bar and actually stubbed his toe.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Looks good. Will these have epic tales to be told like Trigger's nerf bars have? I think last I heard Chuck Norris kicked his nerf bar and actually stubbed his toe.
Thanks
No TAIL intended .
Trigger was Luckey -- In Chucks younger days 1 of his kicks would have put Old Ironside in a grave without digging a hole.

Trigger's imagination does run strong comes with creative mind.

Reactions: Mudwing and trigger
CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Good looking setup. Although they look to be painful to the ankles when getting in and out:) Kinda like riding a 3 wheeler and putting your foot out.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Only 3in. Wide/ front - & - 2-1/2in./rear - easy step right over.
Just wide enough to stop most of the spray.
If ankle comfort was aproblem - would have labeled them ( ankle clippers ) & trashed them.

A 3 wheeler on most SXS trails the front Tire would be in a RUT & both rear Tires out of RUT
Riding down him All the time -- real woops if hit a rock or actually Go Down a Hill --with Ft. Tire in a RUT.
Quickway to Get "IN" the Hospital.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaboJim

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!