P500 Pioneer 500 will not start

M

Mrobe

Jun 8, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My 2015 Pioneer 500 shut off and now it will not start. The battery is brand new, the relays are good, the fuses are good and I can hear the fuel pump prime. I have spark and the air filter is good. When I turn the key I hear a clicking from the relay box and then I hear the pump prime. I don't know if that's normal. Any help would be appreciated.

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
My 2015 Pioneer 500 shut off and now it will not start. The battery is brand new, the relays are good, the fuses are good and I can hear the fuel pump prime. I have spark and the air filter is good. When I turn the key I hear a clicking from the relay box and then I hear the pump prime. I don't know if that's normal. Any help would be appreciated.
maybe a ground wire needs to be cleaned up at the connection.

M

Mrobe

Jun 8, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Is that the ground on the frame or another ground?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
If you have already charged & checked the battery voltage <>cleaned all connections.
Turn on the head lights & try to start if lights go out <> back to battery & connections.
If you get a slight Dim that's normal ( pull the Starter ) P500 starters are prone to problems.
I keep a Spare at the ready.
Good luck

Reactions: HiFive
Kinlaw

Kinlaw

Mar 26, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
It aint got no gas in it

Reactions: 1border4manu
M

Mrobe

Jun 8, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
If you have already charged & checked the battery voltage <>cleaned all connections.
Turn on the head lights & try to start if lights go out <> back to battery & connections.
If you get a slight Dim that's normal ( pull the Starter ) P500 starters are prone to problems.
Good luck
Thanks. I will do that tomorrow.

Reactions: 1border4manu
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
May be a dumb question but do you have it in neutral? If it's in gear you have to push on the brake pedal. If you have the - on the display, rock the machine back and forth a little until it shows a gear.

M

Mrobe

Jun 8, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
May be a dumb question but do you have it in neutral? If it's in gear you have to push on the brake pedal. If you have the - on the display, rock the machine back and forth a little until it shows a gear.
It's in neutral. That's the only way I could move back into my shop.

Reactions: trigger
M

Mrobe

Jun 8, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Good luck
I did the test and the lights dimmed slightly. Thanks for your help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!