Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Copied from FB, posted by Trevor Elliott accident on 4/14/18, just posted today.

.. ....

About 6 weeks ago we attend a Trucks Gone Wild event at a mud park here close to our home town, Taylor County Boondocks. We were there for the start, Thursday, till Saturday around 2pm. We just finished watching the race trucks and went to watch the big mud trucks at the large water hole. Trying to find a place to park was hard but trying to just get around was harder. But after driving around we found a spot on the dam of the water hole to park. A place we went up and down 1/2 a dozen times throughout the weekend. 1st attempt up the dirt hill was a failure, 2nd also. On the 3rd I gave it just a little more gas. Nothing crazy, I don’t drive that way. I cut loose and cut up, but I do not go crazy. Upon goin up the hill on the 3rd attempt the rzr took a bounce and began to roll over backwards. I tried to get it into reverse, but I’m guess it being in such a bind I couldn’t get the shifter to move. At this point I realize the rzr is at that point of no return. So I grab my gf, and do everything I can to hold her down as the rzr rolls backwards. I remember hitting the ground opening my eyes and seeing the rzr’s roll cage coming at my head. Next thing I remember is seeing lots of feet and the weight being lifted off me.

Now my rzr is a 2015 highlifter 1000 2 seater. It has the 3-5” lift 4” portals and 37.5” tires, I’ll post a picture. It has a aftermarket OutKast cage. But no roof. I have never been big into wearing my seat belt. And wasn’t this day. It was strapped behind me, so the rzr would go over 15 mph. My gf usually wears hers, but this day she wasn’t. We weren’t goin fast. Hell you could do to the amount of people there.

Once the rzr was off of me I remember hearing Amanda , my gf, screaming. That’s all I heard. And I began to trying to get up but couldn’t. Blood was pouring out of my mouth and face I couldn’t breathe and I hear people telling me just lay down!! I yell to Amanda, are you okay?! People, strangers and friends are telling she’s fine just lay down. I can’t cause of the blood coming outta my mouth I would have drowned. The EMT’s get there and strap me to a back board and rush me and Amanda to the park entrance where I get put in a ambulance and am taken to a air strip about 1.5 miles away where the helicopter awaited. Amanda is rushed to Macon’s medical center, as am I but by air. We get there at the same time.... she told me that when they were pulling in the she seen the helicopter coming into land on the building. I don’t remember landing I don’t remember much of anything else.

After one week in ICU I was about to go into surgery. They needed the swelling to go down. One I was out of surgery I spent a week on the trauma floor. I am now home.

Now to the extent of my injuries:

Broken nose
Broken rib
Fractured every bone in my face
Shattered my right cheek bone
Collapsed left lung
Broke my entire jaw off, both sides

Doesn’t seem like much. But let me tell you at 27 years old I truly have taken the worse ass whooping in my life. My surgery took 6 hours and that was 4 weeks ago and I still don’t recognize myself. I can’t hear out of my right ear. My right eye I see double out of. And my entire right side of my face is numb. My jaw is wired shut, I have a feeding tube, I’ve never been this sore in my life.

As for Amanda I can’t say much on her injuries for she escaped almost untouched. Some extensive bruising and a horrible memory little soreness and she was right as rain in a few days. She never left my side through this entire ordeal. Every night that I woke up she was there. Every time I woke she was there. Asking me what do you need, are you okay. She still does this btw. I’ve began to tell her your goin to leave me alone today. But guys she is fine and has taken care of me everyday. I couldn’t ask for a better woman!!!

I’m writing this to hopefully change someone’s life! I hope that my story will be seen or heard and make someone buy those over priced harnesses like I neglected to. I hope it makes someone spend the extra money and by a good cage. Don’t chop that pos stock ones. Put the roof on it. Don’t skimp on the safety just to have a loud radio. I put off the roof. I put off the harnesses. Don’t do it guys it’s not worth the hospital bills it’s not worth your mom, wife, kids, father anyone getting that phone call saying your headed to the hospital by helicopter. Buy the right gear. Use it! I didn’t and I’m still out of work. My mouth is still wired shut. I have to eat anything I can get through a straw! ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Copied from FB, posted by Trevor Elliott accident on 4/14/18, just posted today.

.. ....

About 6 weeks ago we attend a Trucks Gone Wild event at a mud park here close to our home town, Taylor County Boondocks. We were there for the start, Thursday, till Saturday around 2pm. We just finished watching the race trucks and went to watch the big mud trucks at the large water hole. Trying to find a place to park was hard but trying to just get around was harder. But after driving around we found a spot on the dam of the water hole to park. A place we went up and down 1/2 a dozen times throughout the weekend. 1st attempt up the dirt hill was a failure, 2nd also. On the 3rd I gave it just a little more gas. Nothing crazy, I don’t drive that way. I cut loose and cut up, but I do not go crazy. Upon goin up the hill on the 3rd attempt the rzr took a bounce and began to roll over backwards. I tried to get it into reverse, but I’m guess it being in such a bind I couldn’t get the shifter to move. At this point I realize the rzr is at that point of no return. So I grab my gf, and do everything I can to hold her down as the rzr rolls backwards. I remember hitting the ground opening my eyes and seeing the rzr’s roll cage coming at my head. Next thing I remember is seeing lots of feet and the weight being lifted off me.

Now my rzr is a 2015 highlifter 1000 2 seater. It has the 3-5” lift 4” portals and 37.5” tires, I’ll post a picture. It has a aftermarket OutKast cage. But no roof. I have never been big into wearing my seat belt. And wasn’t this day. It was strapped behind me, so the rzr would go over 15 mph. My gf usually wears hers, but this day she wasn’t. We weren’t goin fast. Hell you could do to the amount of people there.

Once the rzr was off of me I remember hearing Amanda , my gf, screaming. That’s all I heard. And I began to trying to get up but couldn’t. Blood was pouring out of my mouth and face I couldn’t breathe and I hear people telling me just lay down!! I yell to Amanda, are you okay?! People, strangers and friends are telling she’s fine just lay down. I can’t cause of the blood coming outta my mouth I would have drowned. The EMT’s get there and strap me to a back board and rush me and Amanda to the park entrance where I get put in a ambulance and am taken to a air strip about 1.5 miles away where the helicopter awaited. Amanda is rushed to Macon’s medical center, as am I but by air. We get there at the same time.... she told me that when they were pulling in the she seen the helicopter coming into land on the building. I don’t remember landing I don’t remember much of anything else.

After one week in ICU I was about to go into surgery. They needed the swelling to go down. One I was out of surgery I spent a week on the trauma floor. I am now home.

Now to the extent of my injuries:

Broken nose
Broken rib
Fractured every bone in my face
Shattered my right cheek bone
Collapsed left lung
Broke my entire jaw off, both sides

Doesn’t seem like much. But let me tell you at 27 years old I truly have taken the worse ass whooping in my life. My surgery took 6 hours and that was 4 weeks ago and I still don’t recognize myself. I can’t hear out of my right ear. My right eye I see double out of. And my entire right side of my face is numb. My jaw is wired shut, I have a feeding tube, I’ve never been this sore in my life.

As for Amanda I can’t say much on her injuries for she escaped almost untouched. Some extensive bruising and a horrible memory little soreness and she was right as rain in a few days. She never left my side through this entire ordeal. Every night that I woke up she was there. Every time I woke she was there. Asking me what do you need, are you okay. She still does this btw. I’ve began to tell her your goin to leave me alone today. But guys she is fine and has taken care of me everyday. I couldn’t ask for a better woman!!!

I’m writing this to hopefully change someone’s life! I hope that my story will be seen or heard and make someone buy those over priced harnesses like I neglected to. I hope it makes someone spend the extra money and by a good cage. Don’t chop that pos stock ones. Put the roof on it. Don’t skimp on the safety just to have a loud radio. I put off the roof. I put off the harnesses. Don’t do it guys it’s not worth the hospital bills it’s not worth your mom, wife, kids, father anyone getting that phone call saying your headed to the hospital by helicopter. Buy the right gear. Use it! I didn’t and I’m still out of work. My mouth is still wired shut. I have to eat anything I can get through a straw! ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!
The pics were brutal

Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF
J

JTW

It’s just f***ing dumb to not wear a seatbelt when you’re in a sxs. You just can’t get away from the cage. A month ago a guy was riding locally, stuffed a front wheel and rolled his. They had to put his head in a plastic bag because he wasn’t wearing a belt and the cage smashed his head.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It’s just f***ing dumb to not wear a seatbelt when you’re in a sxs. You just can’t get away from the cage. A month ago a guy was riding locally, stuffed a front wheel and rolled his. They had to put his head in a plastic bag because he wasn’t wearing a belt and the cage smashed his head.
That's pretty much what happened to this guy's face.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Pretty much wear my all the time I believe the last trucks gone wild two people died and some one lost an eye. If your gonna party at least strap in even better get a harness. The bars that are mad make It an easy and simple install. I know several times I would have eaten rock or fallen on top of jtw had we not had them.

Oh and I like the seat belt release kind. You know I’m case you flip over sideways underwater easy to get out.

J

JTW

Pretty much wear my all the time I believe the last trucks gone wild two people died and some one lost an eye. If your gonna party at least strap in even better get a harness. The bars that are mad make It an easy and simple install. I know several times I would have eaten rock or fallen on top of jtw had we not had them.

Oh and I like the seat belt release kind. You know I’m case you flip over sideways underwater easy to get out.
You mean like this? Lmao
9F2AC600 14C1 4B67 A60D 029AFE3E04C3

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, do you guys wear them in unknown water crossings?

I usually don't (the only time I don't wear one). The logic being that the ability to get out if the machine fast (if it goes under) outweighs the protection of having it on.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rolled up on, to many to count, bad accidents in my LE career and could hear a voice in my head say, "oh well, that's a another one for the morgue". I'd get to the car find the occupant still strapped in aggravated at what just happened but they were in one piece. A lot of them got out and were transported and released from the hospital... minor injuries. On the other hand I've rolled up on vehicles that did not look bad at all and found the several people dead. They were not wearing seatbelts. Wear them, get used to them, and you will strap yourself in and not even realize you've done it. That goes for both the SxS and the vehicle you drive. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for those who care about you.o_O

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dont use our 4 points here around the ranch. But when we are on any trails,everyone in my machine has a belt on.
2016 at [HASHTAG]#Takeover[/HASHTAG] I left my wife on the ground after we rolled on our side.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since putting in a harness - I will always buckle the lap belt but only use the shoulder straps when something looks difficult. Probably need to use the shoulder straps more. Lap belt and normal seat belt has never been a 2nd thought since my first vehicle was a CJ5.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Usually don’t wear them around the yard/pasture chores (walking speed), but always on trails. Never know when a rut will change your intended path or someone else topping a hill on 2 way trails, especailly if dirt bikes are around. Snug Shoulder rub can be a real problem, so thinking about if some sort of cable clamp/stop on belt near reel to keep it from retracting too tight on bumps, but still be restrained. Like the roller coaster sign says, keep hands and feet inside...IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Usually don’t wear them around the yard/pasture chores (walking speed), but always on trails. Never know when a rut will change your intended path or someone else topping a hill on 2 way trails, especailly if dirt bikes are around. Snug Shoulder rub can be a real problem, so thinking about if some sort of cable clamp/stop on belt near reel to keep it from retracting too tight on bumps, but still be restrained. Like the roller coaster sign says, keep hands and feet inside...IMO.
Our local Volunteer Fire Dept had a fundraiser ride. My cousin rescued a man turned over upside down in a creek knocked unconscious. He dove in the water, released the mans seat belt, and drug him out of the creek

Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Our local Volunteer Fire Dept had a fundraiser ride. My cousin rescued a man turned over upside down in a creek knocked unconscious. He dove in the water, released the mans seat belt, and drug him out of the creek
This man would had definitely not lived.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
On the other hand I didn’t wear mine last weekend in someone’s else’s ride and was pretty lucky after being knocked out and the sxs landing on me I walked away from it. Seat belts always that one time you think you don’t need it is when you do :(

Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
On the other hand I didn’t wear mine last weekend in someone’s else’s ride and was pretty lucky after being knocked out and the sxs landing on me I walked away from it. Seat belts always that one time you think you don’t need it is when you do :(
I agree, Kilo427

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!