P1000 Weber grill cover for cab heat in '21 P1K-3

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Summer heat, as expected, has been a bit of an issue. I have a full glass Honda oem windshield, hard roof, and hard back panel with sliding window. With the sliding back window open there is some airflow through the cab however the heat coming up from under the bench seat has been very noticeable and somewhat uncomfortable. I had an old Weber fabric grill cover that I haven't been using so I thought I would stuff it across under the bench seat. Wow, what a difference that made. It still gets warm but not the steady flowing heat from underneath that it was before. Full disclosure, I have not been paid by Weber for coming up with that. Lol! I just hope that fabric doesn't get too hot and melt under there? Or cause the engine to overheat?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I used isulation from the under side of car hoods . I used silicone to stick it to the plastic behind my legs off course on the motor side of the plastic. Under seat I used foam exercise mats . Also made the oem glass windshield open and tip out. Lots of air flow with the windshield opening to keep it as cool as possible.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Bombardier Convert ☝️☝️THIS
and do the bilge fan mod. Search it if your not familiar. Theres alot of diff configs. Best mod u will do For under ass heat!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!