Welded frame gusset kit worth it?

N

Newbiehere

May 3, 2022
California
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey all, was just looking around online at different cages for talons and saw this come up. It’s a gusset kit for the oem frame, just below where a new cage would attach. I had a custom cage on my previous rzr made and remember him telling me about how most people don’t realize that once that portion bends, the entire frame is technically done, so to look into adding gussets. I don’t remember what he added at the time, I just told him to make it as safe as possible at the time.

Anyone ever do something like this and think it’s worth doing? Thanks.

H

HondaTech

The issues we've seen racing have been
A-arm mounts bending
Sway bar mounts ripping off
Trailing Arm front pivot mount hole stretched
Rear frame below engine bending

RaceCo makes some good braces for some of these issues

N

Newbiehere

May 3, 2022
California
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for the info, I’ll probably get some raceco supports as well as those frame gussets

Reactions: Smitty335
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m all for getting the most protection as possible! I’ll probably do the same with the raceco stuff.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I understand that the cage on the Pioneer 1000-6 crew is thicker and or stronger material than the -3s &-5s. Anyone know how much thicker or stronger?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I understand that the cage on the Pioneer 1000-6 crew is thicker and or stronger material than the -3s &-5s. Anyone know how much thicker or stronger?
FYI This is thread is about a Talon.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@ODAMO I know this is off subject to this Talon thread…
Where u at the TO? Didnt see there, but seen u on here every night I checked in. Figured u being close in OH you’d show up.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@ODAMO I know this is off subject to this Talon thread…
Where u at the TO? Didnt see there, but seen u on here every night I checked in. Figured u being close in OH you’d show up.
Yes I knew it was a Talon thread but figured someone might know the answer.
I would love to attend a TO but due to health reasons thats not possible for the time being. Everything I do takes a month of Sundays to get done anymore
I have been lookin at all the great pics coming in from it and am living vicariously thru you guys. Looks like alot of fun times

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Rear frame below engine bending

I predicted that happening when I was building my car. The only real way to fix that is to cut the entire rear upper section off and rebuild it out of heavy wall tubing along with tying in the C pillar bars to triangulate the back half of the chassis like so....

20200405 173341

20200412 172455

H

HondaTech

I predicted that happening when I was building my car. The only real way to fix that is to cut the entire rear upper section off and rebuild it out of heavy wall tubing along with tying in the C pillar bars to triangulate the back half of the chassis like so....

View attachment 390917

View attachment 390918

We're seeing the lower portion under the engine bow where it meets the horizontal tube. We planned on cutting out the cross members and welding in better supports.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!