Well, I finally pulled the trigger...

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey All, it's been a while since I posted after figuring out the reverse issue with my Pioneer 700 4. I want you all to know that after they figured it out (as I posted in my last post) it ran great and still is and there were no more issues. However, it did not fix what the real issue was for my wife and I and that was the need for a bit more power, a bit more clearance and a whole lot more compression when going down steep grades. With no fix for the compression in sight, I inquired to you all about bumping up to the Pioneer 1000. 100% of your feedback was positive to do so. So, I sold my 700 4 to my close friend and neighbor and it he is loving it! Yesterday I picked up a 2023 Pioneer Forest (3-seater). Unfortunately, there were none in Nevada and even though I could have driven 2.5 hours to California and purchased one there, there was no way I wanted the emission BS along with anything else that came with California or those models. So, instead I drove nine hours to Orem, Utah and purchased one at Monarch Powersports. They were the next closest dealer. The customer service was great (Thanks Derrick). My wife is a rockhound, so she wanted to search for trilobites on the way home so while she was doing that, I got to test drive in the Utah mountains and it was great! In getting it home today and taking it up the hill behind my house it confirmed everything else everyone said. I am officially a Pioneer 1000 guy now and couldn't be happier even though I have to start all over with the accessories. Got a Honda roof top and replaced the Honda plexiglass window I had on the 700 with a USA bottom vented glass window on the 1000 as I did not like the scratching on the plexiglass. Only been home for a few hours so I will post more pics in my next post. You all tell me if there's no pictures it didn't happen so here is one from yesterday in Western Utah.
Boots2 Utah

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Congrats on the new rig! Your gonna be Rock Hard for a week in that P1. Youll need a pick of Hillary Clinton to bring it down! ;)

Cute pooch you got too!

widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picked up a few things this week that I had on the 700. Mounted a jack, got some seat covers and instead of spending copious amounts of money on the hard back with the sliding rear window, am trying a Kenimoto soft back with a roll up window. I figured I could replace it ten times or so and still come out ahead $$$.  nc ohcM3BkZ4ch5roAX9y9krw nc htscontent lax3 2 nc ohc2XTGMvvFS6IAX KrqL4 nc htscontent lax3 2 nc ohc26fQys97EFkAX RCRG0 nc htscontent lax3 1

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
... trying a Kenimoto soft back with a roll up window. I figured I could replace it ten times or so and still come out ahead $$$.

Before I went full soft enclosure for my 1000-5, I considered both the soft and hard panel options for just behind the front seat. When I saw the hard panel option installed on my buddy's 1000-6, it made me realize that I would have been unsatisfied with the soft middle panel had I gone that route. The hard middle is BA. Good thing is, if you decide to go that route now, you're only out a few bucks for the soft panel vs trying the hard panel first and deciding you wanted the soft one.

Make your way to a HondaSXS.com group event where there are lots of machines. You're likely going to see all kinds of things installed in other members' machines, so you can "try them before you buy them". Also check out people's build threads, as they often provide good insight into what works and what doesn't when it comes to accessorizing your buggy!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!