Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Women are weird though.
Tuesday of this past week, I took my dogs to their beauty shop appointment. Usually I mess around town instead of heading home.
This past week I was going to return home, relax, drive back when they are done.
Well the Mrs didn't want to waste fuel Tuesday. So instead of spending the $5 on fuel for the round trip, we went out for dinner and spent $65. The math just didn't add up to me!
Well it was on the way! HA!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious..... What prices would keep you guys from going? I always wonder what it will take to show the govt. we're not willing to buy their over priced gas. Maybe I'll start a poll.......
For me, it might change my location I am willing to drive. However it would not change how often I do it. IF we had not purchased our stay for the takeover during the pre season sale/multi stay option if cost of gas and room started creeping towards 2k to 3k then we would most likely stay home. I only say that because that is our vacation budget.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For me, it might change my location I am willing to drive. However it would not change how often I do it. IF we had not purchased our stay for the takeover during the pre season sale/multi stay option if cost of gas and room started creeping towards 2k to 3k then we would most likely stay home. I only say that because that is our vacation budget.
My Dad and I will be going to the TO, he's 85 and we don't know how many trips he has left, so we're going! PERIOD!

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just saw $5.64 diesel

Remember when diesel was cheaper than gas? And it was about $2.00 /gallon. Thank you Donald Trump an f*** joe biden and anybody that voted that piece of s*** into office.

Mid terms can’t come soon enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just saw $5.64 diesel

Remember when diesel was cheaper than gas? And it was about $2.00 /gallon. Thank you Donald Trump an f*** joe biden and anybody that voted that piece of s*** into office.

Mid terms can’t come soon enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have never seen diesel cheaper than gas. 🤔

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This was in Newberry, SC yesterday
20220317 165718

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Then you're way more experienced than myself but I clearly remember envying the diesel guys getting better mileage for less per gallon waaaaay back then.
ogy.gif

No offense intended btw. 😊
No offense taken for sure. I might have forgotten when diesel was cheaper. Of course being from Mississippi all these years might have affected me! 😂

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
In the United States, up until the mid 1990's or so, diesel and gasoline were pretty much on par with one another. The primary reasons diesel started costing more include both federal and state tax increases on diesel, increased worldwide demand for diesel (especially in Europe, where gasoline exports increased and diesel imports increased), an increase in jet fuel consumption (refineries started producing more jet fuel and less diesel, thus reducing supply) and, as @CID already pointed out, the new regulations and requirements that forced refineries to produce ULSD (ultra low sulfur diesel) increased refining costs.

Most diesel fuel is consumed by the freight industry (in the US). If/when the economy is booming, the demand for diesel goes up. US refineries are producing more gasoline than diesel (2:1 for every barrel of oil). In the five years leading up to COVID, GDP grew almost 10%. That created a direct increase in demand for diesel.

We enjoyed 8 years of economic growth between 2009 and right before COVID. Diesel averaged ~32 cents/gal higher than gasoline between '09 and '15, when diesel finally sold for less than gasoline for the first time in ~6 years (but not for long).

Lots of data on this over at the US Energy Information Administration

On topic: Regular unleaded has been at $4.259 here for the last couple of weeks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!