P500 Went to the Harley parts book!

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Got rid of that restrictive and heat generating cat in the stock exhaust!I used a stock 1994 Harley 1200 Sportster slip on.With a little welding and making a correct adapter to fit the 1 3/8 stock pipe,the heat is reduced,motor sounds happier[very slight increase of exhaust note],and feels a bit better off idle.No back-firing,does not seem to be running lean at all.I'm stoked!
DSC01326

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Sweet. Can you add a video? Does anyone know if a video can be posted in the comments or does it have to be a link to YouTube? Or Facebook?

Reactions: J80 and Smitty335
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I made the turn down tip and added it later.The sound is very,very close to stock,slightly deeper tone.Much less heat build-up with the cat gone.Machine runs great,cuts back on that detonation sound we hear under load.

Reactions: happyfred
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Sweet. Can you add a video? Does anyone know if a video can be posted in the comments or does it have to be a link to YouTube? Or Facebook?
Sorry,I'm not a video kinda guy,my digital camera is 18 years old.LoL...

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Could'nt say for sure.I took it off my 1994 Sportster 1200 when it was brand new.It is one of the 2 oem mufflers that came stock on the bike.I'm sure that there are plenty of 90's motorcycle take-offs out there that may work as good as this does.No cat but still pretty quiet.I used to put them on cheaper loud generators all the time.

Reactions: LilRedDonkey

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!