P500 Looking for the best padding for hip/shoulder bar

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys / gals - I just spent 20 minutes trying to search for subject of this thread with only 1 hit from the P-1000 threads.

Anyway, I did the dollar store pool noodle wrap of those nice side-bars on our P500's that beat the snot out of your arm and ribs when you get that side-to-side shake going on the trail. I installed these in June of this year and last week I noticed that on the top 120-degree curve of the bar, my pool noodle has split and the bar is poking out the top.

These noodles are the really porous foam ones, so I'm guessing that was the main demise of them splitting. What other materials have you guys used that has held up better? I think I heard of using pipe insulation, but has anyone used actual roll-bar padding? Or have you found something else that works better?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hay buddy, good to see/hear from you again! Hope all is well.

As for your issue. Try some AC air conditioning armor-flex. Its a softer more durable foam than pool noodles and some has a more smother coating on them and that makes them more durable. Go to an heating ac supply house to get some they will have it

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Rem. Now that I think about it, I have some here at work, but too small I.D. (we use it to wrap mostly 3/8" copper liquid lines). I think I need to stop at the local Munch's for work stuff, so I'll now have the excuse to check on Armor-flex for the P500!

Reactions: Red500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!