Multi Western Canada Ride

R

rickoshea

It hasn’t failed the last few years.
-25, a foot of snow and winds blowing hard.
Fun times sitting in my blind.
Haha
Caper
i'm quickly learning that whether it's -25c or -40c,it makes no difference.cold is cold.one may kill me quicker but in the end they will both succced. 🤣 so i get out and enjoy it anyway.it is inevitable around here to get crazy cold at some point.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still doing a little research when I can on different places to ride. I have reached out to a few atv clubs around but have not heard back yet. I am attaching a link to the clubs in BC. New Denver BC apparently has a hotel and campsite that we can ride from. Lots of mountains and scenery. The Whipsaw trail would be good in the Similkameen area. The Cariboo is also a beautiful area and @rickoshea would be a good guide.

• Love
Reactions: Montecresto
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Still doing a little research when I can on different places to ride. I have reached out to a few atv clubs around but have not heard back yet. I am attaching a link to the clubs in BC. New Denver BC apparently has a hotel and campsite that we can ride from. Lots of mountains and scenery. The Whipsaw trail would be good in the Similkameen area. The Cariboo is also a beautiful area and @rickoshea would be a good guide.

Is the Cariboo directly South of Rick's place? Some of us Yanks that don't know any better call the area where the Canadian cariboo herd used to roam. I haven't been up there for a few years and I think the herd is out of WA and ID area and into Canada now due to wolf and griz predation...I suppose big cats got a few too. That reminds me that the 1st Nation folk in AK used to make coin pouches from cariboo scrotums... tourists loved them.

Reactions: Rayger143
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He is in the Cariboo region. I am in the Okanagan. Most of the Caribou are way up North. When I was young the only game we hunted in the Okanagan were whitetail and mule deer and lots of black bear. Now the moose and elk population has grown and along with them we have grizzlies and cougars. Apparently a lot more wolves too. Can't remember ever seeing a caribou in the Okanagan. Pic of Cariboo region.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
He is in the Cariboo region. I am in the Okanagan. Most of the Caribou are way up North. When I was young the only game we hunted in the Okanagan were whitetail and mule deer and lots of black bear. Now the moose and elk population has grown and along with them we have grizzlies and cougars. Apparently a lot more wolves too. Can't remember ever seeing a caribou in the Okanagan. Pic of Cariboo region.

View attachment 289936
Thanks! I pictured it more South East.

I grew up in Central Florida and we had whitetail and a few black bear. That was back when it was OK to kill gators so I made gas and ammo money killing and selling alligators...mostly 4 to 7 feet since they had the best skin grain and brought the most money. Too big and no one wanted them. It was a 2 boy deal...one distracted and the other approached from the rear and flipped the gator over on it's back and kill it with an old rusty bayonet by sticking them between the jaw bones. That saved the skin and we got 6 to $10 for a good skin and less if there was scars on the back. I also hunted swamp rabbits and sold them to the "colored folk" for fifty cents. That was the cost of a box of 22 shorts at Sears in town. I got a Remington 514 for my 8th birthday but I had to wait until I was 10 to get a shotgun. My kids were a little older but not much...ain't like that anymore...shame.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
R

rickoshea

I have lots of blood but I'd rather not share with insects so a chemical attack usually works and if not long sleeves and a net will.
chemical attack? we call it cariboo cologne 🤣 .i buy it by the case.this season we hardly had any mosquitos this time around.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
chemical attack? we call it cariboo cologne 🤣 .i buy it by the case.this season we hardly had any mosquitos this time around.
Yipper...we didn't either...dry weather and smoke...only good thing about the fires.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 289936
Didn’t see an answer from Rick, so I’ll ask you, what’s April and May like?
Also, do you think there’d be much creek/river crossings on the trails you’ve suggested. And what are the predominant evergreen trees in the region?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Jun/Jul for me...if I wanted the Aug/Sep option I'd stay here.
Btw, I was asking about April and May in the post you quoted here. August/September had already been ruled out earlier….

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
april will have snow in the higher elevations and may is great if you like mud.otherwise it is a great time to ride
So that makes May and October so far that you have said would be “great time to ride”…..👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!