Multi Western Canada Ride

R

rickoshea

So that makes May and October so far that you have said would be “great time to ride”…..👍
it's a great time to ride spring, summer, fall,but if you're travelling up then this is your best bet.me personally,i just go out and ride whenever and i never overthink it.just dress for the weather and go.better a little chilly than hot as hell.it's easier to warm up than cool down.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
it's a great time to ride spring, summer, fall,but if you're travelling up then this is your best bet.me personally,i just go out and ride whenever and i never overthink it.just dress for the weather and go.better a little chilly than hot as hell.it's easier to warm up than cool down.
I agree that it’s better cold than hot….That and the June-July mosquitos 🦟 😳

Reactions: Rayger143
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes...cool over HOT...if you drive fast enough the skeeters can't catch you. That looks more like a tick anyway. Do they have ticks too??
I don’t know, but how fast can one drive setting at camp in the evening…🤔

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn’t see an answer from Rick, so I’ll ask you, what’s April and May like?
Also, do you think there’d be much creek/river crossings on the trails you’ve suggested. And what are the predominant evergreen trees in the region?
Like Rick said, in April there will be snow at high elevations sometimes too deep depending on snowpack and melt. May is nice but sometimes the lakes are still ice. As far as creek crossings go I only know my area. I've only rode in my area and am not familiar with the trail ideas I've been posting. I have reached out to some clubs on trail ride ideas in their area but have not heard back from anyone. Most of the clubs in BC are busy now organizing poker runs and events like that to wrap the season up. In BC snowmobiling is quite popular and a lot of riders park their quads and sxs's and get their sleds out in late Oct early Nov. If I don't hear anything, I will try again. I could put a ride together in my area but if members are going to travel a long ways to get here I would like to put an effort into making sure they see more of what BC has in mountains, scenery, water and history. Trees are mostly pine, spruce, and fir.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t know, but how fast can one drive setting at camp in the evening…🤔
Are you up wind or down wind??? Spruce smoke seems to work and cedar greens on the fire helps.

You do have a Thermacell...right? Those things are great. My other great past time in camp (or sometimes at home) is one of those battery operated electric fly sweaters that fry the little critters like a bug zapper. They are great for yellow jackets and wasps too. Then there's pymethrone and DEET and Skin so Soft and Back Woods Off ...at least a gazillian others. Not unlike evading a bear...it's not important that you can outrun the bear...just the others in your party. Like the old story about the fellow carrying a .25 ACP as a bear gun...it's not for the bear...it's to shoot your partner in the knee. Also important to not smell like skeeter bait.

One must dominate the battle space.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh, now he wants a smoky fire in camp…..🙄

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you up wind or down wind??? Spruce smoke seems to work and cedar greens on the fire helps.

You do have a Thermacell...right? Those things are great. My other great past time in camp (or sometimes at home) is one of those battery operated electric fly sweaters that fry the little critters like a bug zapper. They are great for yellow jackets and wasps too. Then there's pymethrone and DEET and Skin so Soft and Back Woods Off ...at least a gazillian others. Not unlike evading a bear...it's not important that you can outrun the bear...just the others in your party. Like the old story about the fellow carrying a .25 ACP as a bear gun...it's not for the bear...it's to shoot your partner in the knee. Also important to not smell like skeeter bait.

One must dominate the battle space.
Btw, your care package ships out of Santa Fe today…..😊👍

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh, now he wants a smoky fire in camp…..🙄
Could be effective....but...that could risk pissing off Smoky and other keepers of the forest. If open burning is like it works in US forest then whether we can have a camp fire will depend upon conditions at that time.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Could be effective....but...that could risk pissing off Smoky and other keepers of the forest. If open burning is like it works in US forest then whether we can have a camp fire will depend upon conditions at that time.
Mamas not going during peak mosquito season so we’ll have to take a rain check if that’s ultimately the dates settled on.

There will be some fresh hatch peppers from the valley in the box so open it when it arrives and process them right away, and hopefully they’re ok. There’s bottled chili also….

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mamas not going during peak mosquito season so we’ll have to take a rain check if that’s ultimately the dates settled on.

There will be some fresh hatch peppers from the valley in the box so open it when it arrives and process them right away, and hopefully they’re ok. There’s bottled chili also….
WOW Thanks!!

Reactions: Montecresto
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
This sounds great, but it would be a four week ordeal for me, maybe when I retire.
Really excited about this trip and my wife says this is her top pick for one our adventures next year.

We are watching the videos on the trails and roads. I have no preference on trail and we are open to camp every night or camp for a couple and then find a motel for a night then resume our trip.

My ideal ride would be a 4-6 day loop ride with at least one stop at a motel in the middle. Out and back is good too like the Rimrocker ride was.

Based on final route, I will decide if we tent camp or I pull a trailer for the ride.

My wife has never been to the Pacific Northwest or Canada. That elevated this ride to the top of the list!

Thanks to all that are helping organize this ride. I will try to organize something for 2023 in the Black Hills or surrounding areas.

Rob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!