HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You may be right...but if it wasnt for financing i wouldnt have a damn thing. Still no need to kick a guy while hes down..dont be a dick!
Same here Glock. I personally have no problem borrowing someone else's money for free (or next to nothing). I've bought multiple guns from Academy Sports simply because they will let me finance it at 0% APR for 12/24 months. Could I pay the total cost up front? Sure, but why not keep my money in my pocket and throw a few bucks at it for a while with the same end result; you just have to be fiscally responsible. Now that isn't quite the same as a big ticket item like a SXS, but I personally am perfectly fine paying the couple hundred bucks in interest over a couple years for being able to borrow the banks money. I could have bought it outright but would have had to pull more out of my savings than I wanted. I put 50% down and financed the rest over a couple years.

If you are financing something like a SXS for 60-72 months to get a payment you can "afford" monthly, you shouldn't be buying it.

J

JTW

Ok.. this is going askew... but the zero interest is really just a gimmick. Whether it’s loss of rebates or a lower sale price, you’re paying interest on that money one way or another. It’s like free shipping. You’re still paying for it, but it’s just factored into the purchase price.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok.. this is going askew... but the zero interest is really just a gimmick. Whether it’s loss of rebates or a lower sale price, you’re paying interest on that money one way or another. It’s like free shipping. You’re still paying for it, but it’s just factored into the purchase price.
Not on the credit cards. They are betting that u cant pay it off in time and then you're charged interest from the beginning.

Reactions: Adam490 and Mudwing
J

JTW

Not on the credit cards. They are betting that u cant pay it off in time and then you're charged interest from the beginning.
I’m sorry... but if you’re putting a sxs on a credit card and not paying it off immediately. You’re a special kind of financially screwed!

but there are service fees for credit cards so they’re still making 3-4% on their money, only it’s upfront from the seller.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
You may be right...but if it wasnt for financing i wouldnt have a damn thing. Still no need to kick a guy while hes down..dont be a dick!
21B31C21 933C 45C2 93B7 57433C4516AF

Reactions: JTW and Mudwing
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was
I’m sorry... but if you’re putting a sxs on a credit card and not paying it off immediately. You’re a special kind of financially screwed!

but there are service fees for credit cards so they’re still making 3-4% on their money, only it’s upfront from the seller.
I was referring to guns and small s*** they try get u to do 0% interest on. I've only paid interest on a credit card 1 time 18 years ago.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I was
I was referring to guns and small s*** they try get u to do 0% interest on. I've only paid interest on a credit card 1 time 18 years ago.
Yep, I'll take that bet any day. I tried to put my SXS on my credit card, they would only let me do $2500 so I did just for the points for cash back. I would have put the entire $6500 down payment on there if they would have let me! I never pay interest on credit card purchases, it gets paid off every month.

Sorry to hijack your thread @Little_g , hope everything works out for you and you are able to pick up a new machine soon to get back out there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!