Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For what it’s worth I figured I’d throw out any information Im aware of and how I feel on the topic of thread. Been trying not to get any ruffled feathers as it normally goes that way so keep in mind this is my personal opinion. Some I’ve rode a lot, owned and one haven’t drive time as of yet. But my honest opinion...

Talon is just damn fun, it’s agile lightweight and fast. Dives into corners well and the DCT is sweet, it only looses 12% of its power to the ground instead of 1/3 like a belt. Can choose the gear at will to be in whatever rpm range needed and hill hold awesome. Crawling is good, pretty sure footed.
it comes a little stiff in suspension category. When just hauling ass this smooths out pretty well but can be a bit rough at lower speeds, could use suspension work to make it nicer. Also weight like a big cooler helps massively. Control arms are less weight then Yami and Kawi so attention needs to be had to keep them under the rig. The I4wd isn’t my choice as I really like diff but I do see a few advantages at times. 90% of time I think it’s got an edge but I like the overall traction of diff, I like running in 4wd and if stuck drop into diff to get out and personally don’t like added complexity of the system. It’s about my only real b****. But like said it’s nice most of the time.

RMAX was a damn nice rig, Yami knows how tobuild a machine. Everything is set up and feels good. It runs out well, has ok power, suspension feels great till you get into hard fast corner then there’s a bit of body roll. Steering is to die for, little under/over steer, it feels fluid. For a belt it’s good power at take off and smooth engagement. Heavy machine, you never forget that. The machine works pretty good all around but definitely likes tight trails the best. If it’s anything like our Yami it’ll definitely hold up very well, it’s narrow and most of the tire sits under bodywork so it’ll help keep suspension under it, however it’s a beefcake there so probably not a concern. Low range kicks ass. Fit and finish is top, best I’ve seen. Dump bed works flawlessly if needed. A bit expensive imo but again very well built and very plug and play. It’s a good all around machine ment for a little of everything but the tight stuff it shines.

KRX I haven’t driven but have sat in and looked at one. Know a “few” with one lol. The belt system and running gear (minus suspension) is much like the Yamaha so I’m positive a lot of that will at least be close. I’ve ridden a bunch of machines hard and usually all the numbers are fairly readable and machine follows those on first impression so I’ll spit out my impressions. Well built machine with pretty good fitment. Suspension stock is the best of all I’m positive on. Don’t know on steering but I’d assume very good but I think Yami might take nod. Seating position is a bit low so a little harder to see what’s going on. I think the power/weight ratio will show it’s like the Yami, just a bit sluggish if racing it and you may not forget the weight while driving but the suspension will overcome that some by allowing a greater carry speed over obstacles. Crawling is very low gear from what I’ve been told. It’s a beast for sure and probably best deal out there dollar/dollar.

Pioneer 1000, well I’ve got “a few” hours behind the wheel lol. It’s an animal. If family involved or need a workhorse it’s unbeatable. It knocks over trees and makes its own path. I’ve went through several till my current one so but I am hard on crap. If you don’t add spacers and wide wheels they hold up surprisingly well on even the hard stuff. But some of us have asked a lot out of the utility and seen failure, like with many machines. It’s not exactly correct to put this in same category as the others however one person’s”riding hard” and another ones is different. For most people the Pioneer really won’t have issues, my local friend rides pretty hard at times and has over 30k on his with tracks as well. That’s a testament if you know about tracks. I’ve taken my Pioneers anywhere any group I’ve been with without hesitation if not first one through and it just goes but has led to breakage. I love my machine and I WILL NOT get rid of it when I do finally go a sport for myself.

Ok my personal opinion for my next machine.
KRX is great and I think for most part best machine for the dollar but it’s just huge and won’t fit the bill for me.
Yami would be the best choice for my terrain but as nice as it was I just didn’t fall in love with it. It’ll hold up as great and be a very nice machine but not for me.
Talon has a couple issues, is rude and rough. It rides hard but my heavy ass cooler smooths it out to where I like it. I will break more on this machine then the others and like I said I’d rather diff lock but...it’s fast it’s fun it’s nimble and it’s the most sporty feel I believe from them all. I’ve yet to run one without a smile on my face. The engine/trans is my favorite. Even though our Yami has same belt engagement as RMAX and KRX (ont the typical snowmobile slipper belt like Polaris and others) and has been extremely trouble free, I just like the gears. The Talon is crisp and fun, it’s going to be my choice.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
For what it’s worth I figured I’d throw out any information Im aware of and how I feel on the topic of thread. Been trying not to get any ruffled feathers as it normally goes that way so keep in mind this is my personal opinion. Some I’ve rode a lot, owned and one haven’t drive time as of yet. But my honest opinion...

Talon is just damn fun, it’s agile lightweight and fast. Dives into corners well and the DCT is sweet, it only looses 12% of its power to the ground instead of 1/3 like a belt. Can choose the gear at will to be in whatever rpm range needed and hill hold awesome. Crawling is good, pretty sure footed.
it comes a little stiff in suspension category. When just hauling ass this smooths out pretty well but can be a bit rough at lower speeds, could use suspension work to make it nicer. Also weight like a big cooler helps massively. Control arms are less weight then Yami and Kawi so attention needs to be had to keep them under the rig. The I4wd isn’t my choice as I really like diff but I do see a few advantages at times. 90% of time I think it’s got an edge but I like the overall traction of diff, I like running in 4wd and if stuck drop into diff to get out and personally don’t like added complexity of the system. It’s about my only real b****. But like said it’s nice most of the time.

RMAX was a damn nice rig, Yami knows how tobuild a machine. Everything is set up and feels good. It runs out well, has ok power, suspension feels great till you get into hard fast corner then there’s a bit of body roll. Steering is to die for, little under/over steer, it feels fluid. For a belt it’s good power at take off and smooth engagement. Heavy machine, you never forget that. The machine works pretty good all around but definitely likes tight trails the best. If it’s anything like our Yami it’ll definitely hold up very well, it’s narrow and most of the tire sits under bodywork so it’ll help keep suspension under it, however it’s a beefcake there so probably not a concern. Low range kicks ass. Fit and finish is top, best I’ve seen. Dump bed works flawlessly if needed. A bit expensive imo but again very well built and very plug and play. It’s a good all around machine ment for a little of everything but the tight stuff it shines.

KRX I haven’t driven but have sat in and looked at one. Know a “few” with one lol. The belt system and running gear (minus suspension) is much like the Yamaha so I’m positive a lot of that will at least be close. I’ve ridden a bunch of machines hard and usually all the numbers are fairly readable and machine follows those on first impression so I’ll spit out my impressions. Well built machine with pretty good fitment. Suspension stock is the best of all I’m positive on. Don’t know on steering but I’d assume very good but I think Yami might take nod. Seating position is a bit low so a little harder to see what’s going on. I think the power/weight ratio will show it’s like the Yami, just a bit sluggish if racing it and you may not forget the weight while driving but the suspension will overcome that some by allowing a greater carry speed over obstacles. Crawling is very low gear from what I’ve been told. It’s a beast for sure and probably best deal out there dollar/dollar.

Pioneer 1000, well I’ve got “a few” hours behind the wheel lol. It’s an animal. If family involved or need a workhorse it’s unbeatable. It knocks over trees and makes its own path. I’ve went through several till my current one so but I am hard on crap. If you don’t add spacers and wide wheels they hold up surprisingly well on even the hard stuff. But some of us have asked a lot out of the utility and seen failure, like with many machines. It’s not exactly correct to put this in same category as the others however one person’s”riding hard” and another ones is different. For most people the Pioneer really won’t have issues, my local friend rides pretty hard at times and has over 30k on his with tracks as well. That’s a testament if you know about tracks. I’ve taken my Pioneers anywhere any group I’ve been with without hesitation if not first one through and it just goes but has led to breakage. I love my machine and I WILL NOT get rid of it when I do finally go a sport for myself.

KRX is great and I think for most part best machine for the dollar but it’s just huge and won’t fit the bill for me.
Yami would be the best choice for my terrain but as nice as it was I just didn’t fall in love with it. It’ll hold up as great and be a very nice machine but not for me.
Talon has a couple issues, is rude and rough. It rides hard but my heavy ass cooler smooths it out to where I like it. I will break more on this machine then the others and like I said I’d rather diff lock but...it’s fast it’s fun it’s nimble and it’s the most sporty feel I believe from them all. I’ve yet to run one without a smile on my face. The engine/trans is my favorite. Even though our Yami has same belt engagement as RMAX and KRX (ont the typical snowmobile slipper belt like Polaris and others) and has been extremely trouble free, I just like the gears. The Talon is crisp and fun, it’s going to be my choice.

You do realize this whole thread was just to stir up BS right?

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Thank you for your reply... you seem very knowledgeable. But you haven’t driven the others and are making assumptions. That kinda makes you a Buffalo ass like the rest of these jerks!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you for your reply... you seem very knowledgeable. But you haven’t driven the others and are making assumptions. That kinda makes you a Buffalo ass like the rest of these jerks!
Oh and I said that on the Kawi. What I heard about the machine from others I noted, however I do trust some of that as I know the a couple who said certain things and do very well trust those guys. Some with my life if it came down to it. Other opinions were based off of just sitting behind the wheel and reading numbers which I’m fairly good at by now in this sport. Things I don’t feel I know I noted.
The others I do have time on in the heavy woods not just test drive around on pavement lol. I drive anything people are stupid enough to let run in. Driven probably 35 machines of various setups, 6 different brands and have owned 5 Sxs’s myself.
We’ve supplied the whole family and many of our friends not just myself with dirtbikes, snowmobiles, quads, and Sxs’s over the last 20 years. Been averaging 20-30 weekends riding over that time. It’s been a big deal for a long time not just day event on occasion. Why Isay this is I do have some experience on the dirt and usually can put any machine through its paces, usually they feel like I thought they would.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Oh and I said that on the Kawi. What I heard about the machine from others I noted, however I do trust some of that as I know the a couple who said certain things and do very well trust those guys. Some with my life if it came down to it. Other opinions were based off of just sitting behind the wheel and reading numbers which I’m fairly good at by now in this sport. Things I don’t feel I know I noted.
The others I do have time on in the heavy woods not just test drive around on pavement lol. I drive anything people are stupid enough to let run in. Driven probably 35 machines of various setups, 6 different brands and have owned 5 Sxs’s myself.
We’ve supplied the whole family and many of our friends not just myself with dirtbikes, snowmobiles, quads, and Sxs’s over the last 20 years. Been averaging 20-30 weekends riding over that time. It’s been a big deal for a long time not just day event on occasion. Why Isay this is I do have some experience on the dirt and usually can put any machine through its paces, usually they feel like I thought they would.
My apologies.. I look forward to riding you.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well that’s where one very heterosexual guy drops his drawers and hugs a very questionable man to make him nervous. I did that once to this guy. It was worth it.
ya I should’ve read more into the thread before I waisted 10 min in the s***ter typing my opinion I’m thinking. But I stand by it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok @GuyOnABuffalo since this is your thread tell me how I did on my overall assessment if ya could. Just curious from someone who may have heard a thing or two on a certain machine possibly

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!