What’s you’re next trip?!

Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where’s you’re next trip planned too?!
Il be headed down to Buffalo mountain/ devil anse HMT system for an extended Memorial Day weekend. Super stoked for it, I’ve been to the southern HMT systems Pocahontas/ Indian ridge and ivy branch a bunch of times . Looking forward to trying something different.

73545E7C 5BBA 4E62 B0C0 98BAB01549A1 5CD2626D 443E 4DAF 8A2B DB999746ACEA

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bathroom.

Actually, nowhere this year. I have a lot of trails to explore locally in Northern Lower Michigan starting a half mile from the house to keep me busy all summer. I have all year (the perks of retirement) to ride without having to plan a getaway. I'd need a trailer for anything else anyway. I haven't added that to the arsenal yet.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Traveling, 22’ TO
just riding, my cabin in Northern Michigan. 1,000’s of miles of trails out the cabin door. Plus cheeper gas for the trip.
Lets Go Brandon!!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The bathroom.

Actually, nowhere this year. I have a lot of trails to explore locally in Northern Lower Michigan starting a half mile from the house to keep me busy all summer. I have all year (the perks of retirement) to ride without having to plan a getaway. I'd need a trailer for anything else anyway. I haven't added that to the arsenal yet.
I'm headed back to the desert shortly, almost missed the spring riding season dicking around at home. :eek:

Get yerself a tablet and a track recording GPS app, I have GAIA on an iPad.

Why? So you can make yer own one of these. This lights me up every time I see it - 1500 miles of smiles in southern Utah. Since it records, you know where you haven't been yet.
x.gif

I bLPBMRn XL

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm headed back to the desert shortly, almost missed the spring riding season dicking around at home. :eek:

Why? So you can make yer own one of these. This lights me up every time I see it - 1500 miles of smiles in southern Utah. Since it records, you know where you haven't been yet.
x.gif

View attachment 326505
I like this idea. Do you know of anything of this sort for an Android phone if I cheap skate out and not buy a tablet for that purpose?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like this idea. Do you know of anything of this sort for an Android phone if I cheap skate out and not buy a tablet for that purpose?
Being a senior and computer phobe, I'm the wrong one to ask but I'd bet dollars to donuts that GAIA also has an Android app.

Well, lookie here - :cool:

Last edited:
advertisement
Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3

x.gif

View attachment 326505
That mapping app looks awesome! I’m going to be getting bob ts maps installed for West Virgina, but the recording app looks awesome!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Gaia works on Androids also. And, they normally have a GPS chip to avoid having to use a remote GPS receiver.
Good point, I need to mention the GPS chip when I recommend getting a tablet. That chip makes a tablet more expensive.
That mapping app looks awesome! I’m going to be getting bob ts maps installed for West Virgina, but the recording app looks awesome!
I like apps like GAIA because it uses standard topo maps, so 'everywhere' is readily available. I have downloaded some maps but I don't think they're regional, the icon just says GAIA Topo, for instance. I'm not sure on that though, but I have a scrolling topo even when I don't have a cell signal. 🤔 (to clarify - scrolling topo means the location icon follows me on a ride and the map follows)
You can get a cheap android tablet for around 100 bucks, low memory no frills. I have one that was cheap, I only use it for trail maps though!
The cheaper tablets I've looked at don't have a GPS chip, do you have to download maps for each area? And how does it know where you are without a chip? If you know of a $100 tablet with a chip, can you post a link for us? Note that you can get a GPS receiver to work with a tablet but I'd rather have it contained in one unit - I have no idea what the price comparison would be between the two choices.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R

x.gif

View attachment 326505
Did you find a central location to camp when you were here? May be looking for a place to go in a week or so (weather permitting). Not opposed to dry camping, but we are kinda fussy about road/parking area condition after we leave the asphalt
IMG 0371 1

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!