SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Had a new member come out swinging at me the other day, unprovoked. Really? Probably thought he was on a normal internet forum where everyone just likes to bash each other. Reflex was to tear into him but I bit my tongue and told him that's not what it's about around here.
Got some satisfaction though when my brothers started chiming in and tore him a new one. :cool:

That was the first time in 5 years or so, that I have ever given anyone a "thumbs down" on the like button. I sometimes wondered why we would even have that option. Now I understand.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That was the first time in 5 years or so, that I have ever given anyone a "thumbs down" on the like button. I sometimes wondered why we would even had that option. Now I understand.

His last response in that thread was far from apologetic and that's fine, doesn't bother me at all. The only thing that did bother me about it is that it belittled the relationship of our members saying 'everyone takes your side bc you've been here longer'. He doesn't understand that many of us here have ridden together, traveled together, broke bread, helped one another out of a pickle, given and sold parts to one another and given each other advice that's saved time and money. We've seen dozens of guys come and go and even grieved the loss of members, rallying together to ease the pain of those involved. It really is a family around here and we can tell who's genuine and who's not. Doesn't matter how long you've been here either, there's been new members that you just get the vibe that this guy's cool and we welcome them in with open arms.
Could have tried to explain that to him but I doubt it would've been understood or received as intended so I just told him we're good. Seems like the bad apples get weeded out anyway so we'll see, maybe he'll stick around and see the light.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
His last response in that thread was far from apologetic and that's fine, doesn't bother me at all. The only thing that did bother me about it is that it belittled the relationship of our members saying 'everyone takes your side bc you've been here longer'. He doesn't understand that many of us here have ridden together, traveled together, broke bread, helped one another out of a pickle, given and sold parts to one another and given each other advice that's saved time and money. We've seen dozens of guys come and go and even grieved the loss of members, rallying together to ease the pain of those involved. It really is a family around here and we can tell who's genuine and who's not. Doesn't matter how long you've been here either, there's been new members that you just get the vibe that this guy's cool and we welcome them in with open arms.
Could have tried to explain that to him but I doubt it would've been understood or received as intended so I just told him we're good. Seems like the bad apples get weeded out anyway so we'll see, maybe he'll stick around and see the light.
It didn’t take me long to figure out that he was an arrogant prick then his second smart a$$ post to you just confirmed what I thought after his first post but I’m not gonna condemn him just yet maybe the prick can redeem himself but I doubt it .

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I don’t give a lot of advice on the p500 cause most of the time I don’t know what the f*** I’m talking about and that’s why I listen to guys like trigger that’s been there and done that and that’s what makes this forum great and I would hate to have someone spend their hard earned money on the wrong advice that I’d probably give them 🤣🤣🤣

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don’t give a lot of advice on the p500 cause most of the time I don’t know what the f*** I’m talking about and that’s why I listen to guys like trigger that’s been there and done that and that’s what makes this forum great and I would hate to have someone spend their hard earned money on the wrong advice that I’d probably give them 🤣🤣🤣
I agree 100%!!!
I would hate for someone to spend $$ on white claw just cause you recommend it non stop. 😂😂😂

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I definitely don't know it all either and try not to offer advice on something I know nothing about. I'd never intentionally steer someone wrong. I'll tag other guys (no homo) that have more knowledge of the subject. I know I've gotten a ton of advice on here about things I'd never mess with otherwise. The locker was intimidating as hell to me, definitely not my thing, and these guys walked me through it.
We f*** with each other and have a good time but when you're up to your elbows in the sh** and guys help you out, you develop a trust and respect.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!