What are employees doing since they are not building SxS ?

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
So two different SXS (Yamaha and now waiting on P520) have no definite delivery dates, and that is apparently typical in this industry, what exactly are the employees doing right now? Got to be very boring if just sitting around waiting for parts.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If there sitting around waiting for parts, there laid off!
Thats what happens and how its Done up here in the Motor City.
If there aint work…bye!
Lets Go Brandon!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Honda’s are built in NC though
doesn't matter it's still a manufacturing plant. If there's no material about two days later to build the machines like an automobile can't have guys sitting around they lay them off. We have family members in manufacturing like that and it happens to them all the time

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
doesn't matter it's still a manufacturing plant. If there's no material about two days later to build the machines like an automobile can't have guys sitting around they lay them off. We have family members in manufacturing like that and it happens to them all the time
Mattel never ran out of material?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
A) Honda is not Toyota.
B) Demming was hugely influential in the quality movment in post war Japan (After being rejected by Detroit).

20230303 212323

Finally, @Remington I think I will take a non union job.
My neighbor accross the street (sort of, I live rural) works for Honda at there engine factory.
In '08 they where not laird off while the factory was closed for 3 months.
They had the option to stay home with out pay or go in and do maintnace or local service work.
Honda sent armies of people out to local parks and schools to do capitol improvements while Honda paid them.
For the scamdemic Honda cut a deal with the state and made up the diffrence between unemployment and there base wage.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A) Honda is not Toyota.
B) Demming was hugely influential in the quality movment in post war Japan (After being rejected by Detroit).

View attachment 376779

Finally, @Remington I think I will take a non union job.
My neighbor accross the street (sort of, I live rural) works for Honda at there engine factory.
In '08 they where not laird off while the factory was closed for 3 months.
They had the option to stay home with out pay or go in and do maintnace or local service work.
Honda sent armies of people out to local parks and schools to do capitol improvements while Honda paid them.
For the scamdemic Honda cut a deal with the state and made up the diffrence between unemployment and there base wage.
My old man went to school under Deming for Total Quality Management at the University Of Michigan. Spoke very highly of the guy.

I agree, sometimes those union jobs suck fo sho!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!