What are the best cleaning agents for your Pioneers?

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
For Cleaning i havent found anything better than a mixture of Tide laundry detergent and zep degreeser through a foam cannon. after knocking off the big mud, shoot it with the cannon and rub it with a scrub brush let it sit for a min and then go back with a garden hose.

for making it look new, dollar general has tire foam for 1.50 in a huge white can its hard to beat. its water base so it will wash off easy but it looks good while its on there.

For half the cost of SC1 you can get any tire shine that is silicone based. i only use SC1 on my windshield and lights mainly so i dont feel so bad when i wipe off the mud and dirt.

ALLTHINGZUTV "Nu-Shine" w/ Dirt release 16oz

Nu Shine is the same as SC1 in a squirt bottle. have heard great thing on it.

and another is Swamp shield it is more or less a ceramic coating that lasts for about 6 months.

https://www.infiniteoffroad.com/product-page/swamp-shield-protective-coating-resin-made-in-usa

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For washing, I use a mixture of any dish washer soap and dawn soap (however much u want to mix). I use it on my RV and it cuts everything without damaging it. So I started using it on my P1K5. Then some SC1. Depending on how bad the machine is, after putting the SC1 on, I can wash it a fair amount of time afterwards without useing the soap mixture before hand.

I

Indiana3132

Aug 26, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use the Honda Factory reccommended aersol cleaner available in the parts dept. My local store gives me 20% off a everything so I buy about 8 cans at a time. Do not use it on the windshield because it will smear bad.

On my Harley I use the S100 Detail and wax. I have not tried it on my Pioneer but it is an awesome product. I store the Harley and Pioneer in 2 different locations so I have never had the S100 available when I cleaned the Pioneer.

2E8B90C9 10FB 4EF9 96BD A04482CF5F06

K

KenandCen

Apr 12, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My plastics colors seem dull and I noticed someone using WD-40 earlier. Does that help keep it shiny without damaging stuff? I'm wondering what's safe to use on my P5. My rear panel seems cloudy and pressure washing it doesn't seem to help I was wondering if any of y'all had any tricks to keeping it clear and or what's a safe vs harmful chemical cleaner I can use without damaging the clear window vinyl(?) and other materials on my Pioneer? Thanks.
I use Lucas Oil Slick Mist on Everything. Cheap price and it works great. Forrest told me it was good for anything you don’t step on. Keeps windshields clean too.

Reactions: 100Acre
B

BSD

Apr 18, 2017
NH
Ownership

1. 500
I use Lucas Oil Slick Mist on Everything. Cheap price and it works great. Forrest told me it was good for anything you don’t step on. Keeps windshields clean too.
I use Slick Mist on my cars and P500.
Also take it to the self serve car wash and power wash it in and out using only the high pressure wax and then a rinse. Also use Plexus or RainX window washer. All three leave a water shedding protectorant.

DCDDD6C8 B80C 4E0E ACE1 E93CDACD7880

Reactions: 100Acre and Tuco69
advertisement
Treyi20

Treyi20

Jun 20, 2016
Raymond, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use purple industrial cleaner from home depot and dilute it probably 1/4 solution to 3/4 water in a gallon pump up sprayer. I know a bunch will say it's too acidic to use on ur machine I've been using it for years on every bike I've owned and never had any problems. Keeps oil build up away and mud itself has a certain amt of oil(s) in it. Keeps all the rubbers and plastics super clean and sprays off with ease. Just spray down the whole thing with mix and I do mean the whole thing from top to bottom and compete under carriage. Brake calibers and radiator extra attention. As harmful as you think acidic cleaner is. I promise you left over sand and dirt is worse. After full coverage just spray off with regular water hose kinda in between jet spray and shower, lil pressure. After its dry I wipe all my plastics with SC1 or mothers plastic restorer is a close second but nothing works like SC1. Itll look better than the day u bought it from top to bottom.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
got to have some way for all you guys waaaayyyyy on back there to see where you're going :)
I suppose broke down Polaris' would make great trail markers

Reactions: Caper and Landman
dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
For your rear plastic window I use novus#1 plastic clean and shine it repell dust and gives you a nice shine you can also use it on your windshield. Works great

20180801 204054

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you go to dry, use Wax AS U Dry its by eagle one, sold at Napa and all sorts of auto parts stores. Really brings back the shine, also for a already clean and dry bike, bringing the gloss back in your dull plastic is as easy as GOJO hand/surface cleaning wipes. Awesome shine without any residue for dust to collect on it, I use it for my floor mats and dashboard in the cummins too. Cleans the ugly color out of tires and bring them back to a deep black. Once you start with these wipes your gonna find so many uses for them. My steering wheel was just down right disgusting...

J

jonrick

May 17, 2018
Camano Island
Ownership

1. 1000-5
303 Aerospace Protectorant for me... It makes plastics and rubbers like new: plastic panels etc.. Even old tires look like NEW..

Reactions: Trapper5885
Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
Don’t Polaris owners always wash their headlights first?
got to have some way for all you guys waaaayyyyy on back there to see where you're going :)
Polaris usually is up front so the people behind it can fire watch.... haha joking sorry I couldn’t resist....... I wash mine with totally awesome from dollar general store and use mothers plastic protection it gives it a nice shine while protecting it from uvs

Reactions: BeerMonkey
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!