P1000 what are you guys doing for ambient temp gauge?

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Id at least like ambient air temperature and I'm even thinking of engine water temp. Any ideas?

Kind of surprised our dash doesn't have an ambient air temp display.

steve

R

rickoshea

i have a simple digital one that plugs into the 12v supply and also has a usb slot.

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Just curious ...... WHY you need to know the air temp while riding the SxS?

Haha good question! Some people would be good with the old fashion way of feeling it with their faces! However, for me, I want bragging rights. For instance, I was camping out of the buggy the night before last in the mountains. My thought to myself was, "It was cold as sh*t last night I wonder how cold it was?!" I have a temp gauge on my motorcycles and find it interesting as the weather hits extremes. WRT the engine temperature Id like a bit more data than the 4 bar, bar graph. My fall back is one of those 12v plugin gizmos like Rick has.

Happy new year to all.

Steve

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like to know the air temp, it's a data point.

In the shade, after a 150 mile Utah backcountry motorcycle ride - a bit much for my ole retired butt. :eek:
IMG_1865%20-%20103.6%20F-XL.jpg

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ouch! That would be some sweaty feet and some red faces!

steve

I like to know the air temp, it's a data point.

In the shade, after a 150 mile Utah backcountry motorcycle ride - a bit much for my ole retired butt. :eek:
IMG_1865%20-%20103.6%20F-XL.jpg

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ouch! That would be some sweaty feet and some red faces!

steve
It was a foolish ole man putting himself in a bad place, all for the love of the desert. It made me realize I need to find another form of transportation if I want to continue to enjoy exploring the desert. The Talon will be the perfect 'next step' for me.

It also taught me the desert is a very seasonal love - too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. (DUH) :confused:

Reactions: Mudwing
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Haha good question! Some people would be good with the old fashion way of feeling it with their faces! However, for me, I want bragging rights. For instance, I was camping out of the buggy the night before last in the mountains. My thought to myself was, "It was cold as sh*t last night I wonder how cold it was?!" I have a temp gauge on my motorcycles and find it interesting as the weather hits extremes. WRT the engine temperature Id like a bit more data than the 4 bar, bar graph. My fall back is one of those 12v plugin gizmos like Rick has.

Happy new year to all.

Steve
trail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!