P1000 What "Brown" did for me...

J

Jshell3

I don't know why that wouldn't work…
IMG 4512

IMG 4511

*Edit*. Btw, if I had to do this again, I would go a little off center to the left. The 3" isn't exactly center of the cover. But close. It's more like this.

IMG 4511

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jshell3

I think this will ride for tomorrow. You get where I'm going with this, right? The filter didn't wanna hide behind the dash, but this should keep stuff out until I find a filter that works. And honestly, its smaller screen than the sponge Honda provides.

IMG 4513
IMG 4515
IMG 4516

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Jshell3
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's temporary...And stretched tight as a drum.
I just test drove it 0-50mph and it didn't stutter.
The collar isn't gonna let it slip or go anywhere.

But yes, I'm going to get a washable filter.
You can poke the stock pre filter in there and put a couple pieces of wire through it to keep it from sucking it into the airbox

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most of us with the snorkel run nothing for pre. But if you are trailing in the dust it should help

J

JTW

J

JTW

I was just wondering about a Junebug or cricket climbing into the engine.
So there's another filter... ah, the air box. The main air filter... thanks! I'm a dummy. Haha
Prefilter just keeps the stock filter waaaay cleaner and is far easier to check and clean. The stock filter is kinda bulls*** in how difficult it is to check!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Prefilter just keeps the stock filter waaaay cleaner and is far easier to check and clean. The stock filter is kinda bulls*** in how difficult it is to check!
true on the 500 as well. I know these machines are engineering marvels (HA!!!) but could they have not designed maintenance a little easier?

J

JTW

true on the 500 as well. I know these machines are engineering marvels (HA!!!) but could they have not designed maintenance a little easier?
The 500 is far easier than the 1000!! And yeah, they should and could have! But like most things these days.. most people won't maintain their own stuff.. so by Honda standards they're probably better off sealing them up when joe blow dumbass can't put a cover on right.

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

The 1000 is easier to clean.
It doesn't have NEARLY the empty fold around cavities of the P500

Reactions: sharp
J

Jshell3

You mean the machine itself?
Yeah. I could never get all the mud out from behind the fenders on Blueberry. It's like Honda started a corner bend in the plastics, then said, "That ought to be enough". Lol

The P1000 has good clean lines for the pressure washer and not many hollow pockets!

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!