P700 What could be causing a jerk while driving?

S

swartzcoff

Aug 18, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ve noticed a jerk in the wheel while driving. It only happens when going around 20mph and up.. I’ve taken my hand off the wheel while driving and it doesn’t want to pull to the right or left but there’s still a jerk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mean in my experience the world is full of jerks at the steering wheels of vehicles. I see them all the time. I notice BMW’s are extremely prevalent to the problem. It is far less often seen in a Honda unless it’s a Civic with the classic Folgers exhaust to warn you of the jerk with the wheel.

Sorry to almost certainly derail your thread here but it was low hanging fruit.

Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH
Pics or it didn’t happen
Red is the fastest color

#NTC

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year and how many miles are we talking about here? Have you checked all of your ball joints and rod ends for wear?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is this well into a ride? Tires flat spot when they sit, and it can take several miles to straighten out. And off road tires aren't the roundest anyway. Could be a bent wheel, etc..

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Does your 700 have electronic power steering ?

More info please. There are just too many types of jerks to deal with.

#NTC

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I mean in my experience the world is full of jerks at the steering wheels of vehicles. I see them all the time. I notice BMW’s are extremely prevalent to the problem. It is far less often seen in a Honda unless it’s a Civic with the classic Folgers exhaust to warn you of the jerk with the wheel.

Sorry to almost certainly derail your thread here but it was low hanging fruit.

Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH
Pics or it didn’t happen
Red is the fastest color

#NTC
BMW. Mercedes. Prius. Tesla. All usually liberal pricks upset at deplorables for using their roads.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve noticed a jerk in the wheel while driving. It only happens when going around 20mph and up.. I’ve taken my hand off the wheel while driving and it doesn’t want to pull to the right or left but there’s still a jerk
I noticed it also, especially when driving through Atlanta, it’s like a jerk every 1/8th of a mile or so.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!