BOX1

P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I successfully used the dump bed for the first time today. Dumping all the weeds from the garden into the burn pile. It's the only thing light enough for the bed to actually work with.

IMG20220522201052

wolf359

wolf359

Nov 23, 2019
Appalachia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On another note.... I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed as a way to battle the heat or not but thought I would share my findings. So I was studying up on oil changes again and had a thought... "look at this giant hole where the heat is, what if I left it off?" I realize this is not a solution for everybody (i.e. back passengers) but if it works for you, WOW. We were in the high 80's for the ride over the weekend and this pretty much eliminated all the extra heat. We have a full windshield that doesn't open and a full mid panel that's sealed up all around. The only time you felt a rush of heat, well mostly humidity, was during water crossings. I probably wouldn't trust it with the seats down but for me "not a step" is staying off till winter!

Not a step

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
On another note.... I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed as a way to battle the heat or not but thought I would share my findings. So I was studying up on oil changes again and had a thought... "look at this giant hole where the heat is, what if I left it off?" I realize this is not a solution for everybody (i.e. back passengers) but if it works for you, WOW. We were in the high 80's for the ride over the weekend and this pretty much eliminated all the extra heat. We have a full windshield that doesn't open and a full mid panel that's sealed up all around. The only time you felt a rush of heat, well mostly humidity, was during water crossings. I probably wouldn't trust it with the seats down but for me "not a step" is staying off till winter!

View attachment 335538
I remember reading 3 years ago people taking that plastic cover off on there 3 seaters for that same reason. As long as u don't have rear passengers, you should be good to go.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pedal hinge
A938C4C3 79D2 4F2F BE75 713566120B16

Yes, it’s off center and the far side of the upper hinge is parallel to the pedal.
I angled it so the hinge doesn’t hit the floor. It comes close, but not quite…
The u-bolt strap is between the hinge and the pedal arm. It took three tries to get that upper bend correct, but it holds good and tight.

Last edited:
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pedal hinge
View attachment 335854
Yes, it’s off center and the far side of the upper hinge is parallel to the pedal.
I angled it so the hinge doesn’t hit the floor. It comes close, but not quite…
The u-bolt strap is between the hinge and the pedal arm. It took three tries to get that upper bend correct, but it holds good and tight.
Nice job! Do you think that maybe that hole might catch a tit on the floor? Hate to see your throttle stick open. These things help immensely. I couldn't ride all day without one.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice job! Do you think that maybe that hole might catch a tit on the floor? Hate to see your throttle stick open. These things help immensely. I couldn't ride all day without one.
I pressed the pedal repeatedly by hand and by foot, the hinge never showed any tendency to fetch up on the floor.
Because the hinge axis is slightly off angle to the stroke of the pedal the lower portion of the hinge doesn’t ride flat on the floor. The left side of the hinge at the skinny end raises off the floor ever so slightly as the pedal is pressed. Maybe that helps it to clear the nubs.
All said and done, I consider this a marvel of modern engineering. I’m considering filing a patent application. @Delton, can you offer any advice?

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Changed out my Fox rear stock springs to Viper 300lb springs. Need to make a few adjustments still but the ride difference was immediately noticeable. Thanks to @P1K5Dave for the extensive write up.

View attachment 335871
How much preload did you adjust? Looks like 1- 1/2" ?
Thanks

M

Moxdmguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2020
Lone Jack, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Changed out the front stock springs on the Fox Shocks tonight, much easier relative to the rears probably mostly due to knowing more about the process. Quick ride and again a noticeable difference. Need to make some tweaks and adjustments but very happy with it so far!

6BE30580 B7D4 4E98 BACB FDA008D7B25D

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am around 1.1 inch preload, plan to back that off about 2 tenths.
I'm at about 1- 1/8" rear at 12.25" clearance with all my gear, rack, tire, gas cans, jack, ect. Set the rebound to the slowest setting.
Fronts are set a 1/2" higher. Per my suspension friend.
Pretty plush ride. See how it handles this weekend.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!