P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OCD - yes. AR - for sure. Frame Plugs
20220529 143550

20220529 142927

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OCD - yes. AR - for sure. Frame Plugs
View attachment 336550
View attachment 336551

OCD is good. Drain holes is good too. When I installed my rear MudBusters, I installed a couple of rivet nuts at the back, rather than use the provided small self drilling screws. One of the rivet nuts went into the existing drain hole. I drilled a hole at the very bottom of the plastic end cap to provide for drainage . . . don't want stuff rusting from the inside out.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OCD is good. Drain holes is good too. When I installed my rear MudBusters, I installed a couple of rivet nuts at the back, rather than use the provided small self drilling screws. One of the rivet nuts went into the existing drain hole. I drilled a hole at the very bottom of the plastic end cap to provide for drainage . . . don't want stuff rusting from the inside out.
This one came with drain holes on both sides and no caps unless I lost them.
20220530 100623

Last edited:
GROR

GROR

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 15, 2021
Castle Dale, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased a Honda OEM Cover from Rocky Mtn and it lasted a whole 12 hrs. before the zipper broke in a sever wind storm. contacted Rocky MTN and found out they don’t stand behind anything they sale. However, they would be more than happy to send a claim to Honda for me. After spending thousands of Dollars at Rocky Mtn over the years… they can get bent and I filled my own form out with Honda. I need a new place to get accessories, anyone have any recommendations. The pictures are of the Zipper, there is an occlusion in the metal that happened during casting, in other words their zipper was junk.

20220527 1502032

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ronayers.com generally has better pricing on parts, though their web site lacks sophistication as far as checking the status of your order and such.

You have to create an account to get better pricing, but as an example I just ordered a new steering box from them and it was about $45 cheaper than RMATV.

I got a ship date of about 10 days out, with about a 7-day range predicted so far. Had I ordered it through rmatv or partzilla, I probably would have gotten it in a few days.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Steering box:

Partzilla $388.45 not on hand
Rmatv $342.51 (3) on hand
Ron Ayers $296.35

I get the impression they don't really keep anything on hand and drop ship from Honda's distribution system. But that's a lot of variation in price among 3 suppliers!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have learned from experience that customer service is typically found at local areas. Anything online typically becomes questionable. When online I try to ALWAYS purchase Amazon prime. It's free returns and exchanges. I will pay more just to have something prime versus other retailers. Just a thought, if I buy something thru Amazon that has a warranty, if the return window is out and the manufacturer won't replace my said item, I contact Amazon directly and they typically will replace it for you. If no one will help you but the product is still under a warranty I have purchased the product again new using prime and a couple weeks later return the old one for my money back.

M

Moxdmguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2020
Lone Jack, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven’t done anything with my machine In the last few days but given the topic I have to say one thing I really enjoy about a lot of the vendors that supply us parts for our machines is that they are very solid, stand behind their product and make things right with out question. Have had similar experiences with firearm and hunting product vendors. Good to know of the challenges people are having with the larger vendors though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Haven’t done anything with my machine In the last few days but given the topic I have to say one thing I really enjoy about a lot of the vendors that supply us parts for our machines is that they are very solid, stand behind their product and make things right with out question. Have had similar experiences with firearm and hunting product vendors. Good to know of the challenges people are having with the larger vendors though.
Yea, just be careful of @SuperATV, NO STICKERS!

Kal

Kal

Feb 22, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking from experience OCD sucks. I don't remember what it's like to do things like everyone else. :(

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I purchased a Honda OEM Cover from Rocky Mtn and it lasted a whole 12 hrs. before the zipper broke in a sever wind storm. contacted Rocky MTN and found out they don’t stand behind anything they sale. However, they would be more than happy to send a claim to Honda for me. After spending thousands of Dollars at Rocky Mtn over the years… they can get bent and I filled my own form out with Honda. I need a new place to get accessories, anyone have any recommendations. The pictures are of the Zipper, there is an occlusion in the metal that happened during casting, in other words their zipper was junk.

View attachment 337052
Just a FYI. you can buy replacement zippers. I've had to get them for a couple carhart coats. And it's a whole different rabbit hole to dive into!

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added Erickson claulks to the trailer. Had to do some maneuvering get the back tires square in the chaulks buts it's doable. I'll get better with more practice. @ PJon forgot and did the first try in turf mode found out real quick what you were talking about. Much better out come in 2wd and 4wd. And yes, i did close the windsheild before i went for the test tow. Lol

20220603 093728

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!