P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a built in inclinometer from many years of running large heavy equipment in sketchy situations. It also comes with a pucker alert.šŸ˜Æ
Hope your friend had minimal damage.
Ah, yes the bubble in the posterior. Sometimes hard to recalibrate though.

Reactions: Kal
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed SuperATV Flip Up windshield. Donā€™t want you to see the pollen all over the Pioneer, so no pics.
I have to say, the provided instructions are dismal. Their video helps, but thereā€™s a whole lot of details left out.
For instance, if you have a Honda roof the upper windshield clamps have to come off to save a whole lotta cussing. And the gasket between the two halves, both written instructions and video say to install it, but neither says which flat spot it goes on. Even rewinding the video itā€™s not clear. So I did that last, when the correct spot was obvious. There was a SuperATV sticker where the gasket had to go, so I was thinking it must not go thereā€¦
Try as I might, I couldnā€™t get the alignment of the top and bottom to meet up right. The passenger side upper windshield is about 1/8ā€ higher off the lower than the driverā€™s side. I pulled, pushed, twisted, tweaked, loosened, tightened, and threatened each and every fastener, but they continue to mock me. Itā€™s not a big deal, itā€™ll work fine, but my OCD just doesnā€™t like it. I still may bend the upper bracket just a little if I canā€™t get used to it.
Had a bunch of screws and washers left over so I added them to my collection of fasteners.
Two sheets of fancy stickers Iā€™m not sure what to do with. I have a crapload of various stickers, but tend not to use them because I donā€™t enjoy removing them.
All in all, it looks like a quality product and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll enjoy it.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed SuperATV Flip Up windshield. Donā€™t want you to see the pollen all over the Pioneer, so no pics.
I have to say, the provided instructions are dismal. Their video helps, but thereā€™s a whole lot of details left out.
For instance, if you have a Honda roof the upper windshield clamps have to come off to save a whole lotta cussing. And the gasket between the two halves, both written instructions and video say to install it, but neither says which flat spot it goes on. Even rewinding the video itā€™s not clear. So I did that last, when the correct spot was obvious. There was a SuperATV sticker where the gasket had to go, so I was thinking it must not go thereā€¦
Try as I might, I couldnā€™t get the alignment of the top and bottom to meet up right. The passenger side upper windshield is about 1/8ā€ higher off the lower than the driverā€™s side. I pulled, pushed, twisted, tweaked, loosened, tightened, and threatened each and every fastener, but they continue to mock me. Itā€™s not a big deal, itā€™ll work fine, but my OCD just doesnā€™t like it. I still may bend the upper bracket just a little if I canā€™t get used to it.
Had a bunch of screws and washers left over so I added them to my collection of fasteners.
Two sheets of fancy stickers Iā€™m not sure what to do with. I have a crapload of various stickers, but tend not to use them because I donā€™t enjoy removing them.
All in all, it looks like a quality product and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll enjoy it.
Most of us have struggled a little with this windshield. The second time I installed mine I left all hardware loose and used a rubber mallet and an extra pair of hands. Everything lined up good.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Most of us have struggled a little with this windshield. The second time I installed mine I left all hardware loose and used a rubber mallet and an extra pair of hands. Everything lined up good.
Same here!

Reactions: Rayger143
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Rubber malletā€¦ I see where I went wrong. The one tool I didnā€™t consider.
I have two of them, one for each hand. Do I still need the extra pair of hands? If so, will I need more mallets?

• Haha
Reactions: Rayger143
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTCā€™s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got mine picked up from the dealership! Iā€™ll be posting the stock wheels and windshield for sale pretty soon. Wanted one for a LONG time and finally pulled the trigger!
6CE01432 9DAC 4360 B211 490E5EDCE98B

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rubber malletā€¦ I see where I went wrong. The one tool I didnā€™t consider.
I have two of them, one for each hand. Do I still need the extra pair of hands? If so, will I need more mallets?
Mallets?? When I was on the department, they sent me to FBI bomb school. (Kind'a like sending a pedophile to work at a kindergarten.) There I learned there are few problems in life that cannot be resolved through the efficient and judicious application of the proper explosives.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mallets?? When I was on the department, they sent me to FBI bomb school. (Kind'a like sending a pedophile to work at a kindergarten.) There I learned there are few problems in life that cannot be resolved through the efficient and judicious application of the proper explosives.
I ended my Army career as a Combat Engineer. Just for some perspective, thatā€™s like a grunt with lots of explosives.
I worked for a heating oil company after that, doing residential oil burner service, aka making fire. They liked to cross train their people, so I got sent to Propane Bulk Plant Operator school, got certified, blah blah blah.
One day the boss tells me to go unload tanker cars into the storage tanks. I looked at him funny, and he asked what was wrong.
ā€œNothing, really, itā€™s just that I was a Combat Engineer, and we like to blow sh!t up. Do you think itā€™s wise to leave me alone with a quarter million gallons of propane?ā€
He sent me anyway.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, getting back on topic, I used the Pioneer today dragging old rotten timbers from the back yard up to the front, loaded them in the dump trailer and took them to the dump.
1800 lbs of rotten, crappy wood out of my yard.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTCā€™s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome @GovtMule from TN. What part of TN?

What wheels and tires did you go with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SE- Cleveland area. Also I see that I posted in the wrong section! My bad.

The wheels are MSAā€™s but I canā€™t find the model yet.

Tires are ā€¦28ā€™s

Last edited:
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended my Army career as a Combat Engineer. Just for some perspective, thatā€™s like a grunt with lots of explosives.
I worked for a heating oil company after that, doing residential oil burner service, aka making fire. They liked to cross train their people, so I got sent to Propane Bulk Plant Operator school, got certified, blah blah blah.
One day the boss tells me to go unload tanker cars into the storage tanks. I looked at him funny, and he asked what was wrong.
ā€œNothing, really, itā€™s just that I was a Combat Engineer, and we like to blow sh!t up. Do you think itā€™s wise to leave me alone with a quarter million gallons of propane?ā€
He sent me anyway.
I understand. I spent 40 years of my career blowing up stuff.

Reactions: Smitty335
The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got up early and warmed my P1K5 up and then done a engine, DCT, oil change and both engine and DCT filter changes. Then changed the sub transmission oil. Used Honda GN4 10w40 and oem Honda filters. Took a quick spin then a clutch relearn. All went smooth. šŸ‘šŸ»

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
'Bout scared the piss outta myself on the weekend ride.

I put one of these carbonated sparkling waters in the front passenger seat and forgot about it. It rolled to the crack between the upper and lower seats, where all the heat comes in.

4 hours later, KABOOM! And my side was all wet and warm, like something hit me and I was bleeding. Jumped out and pulled this out of the seat:

20220704 161844
20220704 161852

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!