P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, it took me almost 4 days, but I read through this whole dang thread and WOW, there's so, so much information contained in it!! I had my Azon account open in the next tab... OUCH!! Now got even more "stuff" to do to my buggy!! When my Elka shocks arrive, I should be about done... (of course I've already learned enough to know that I'll never likely ever get "done"!!) I'm retiring in December, so trying to get all this cool stuff done to the P1K5 ASAP... before I go on "fixed income"... 🤣

Gonna be a fun hunting season with all the new toys added! Pics to follow.

T

trfeldmann

Jul 19, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added a second battery, isolator, fuse bus and prepped cables/connectors for switches in the stock switch panel.

IMG 2693 IMG 2695 IMG 2696 IMG 2697

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dont know if anyone is interested but the hillbilly brake fits on the 22s. Thanks to the club store they had them in stock and shipped really fast. A friends kids was in his and put it in neutral, almost ended up going into the lake. Ordered mine the next day. Great product and easy to install.
View attachment 348571
If it doesn’t hold well enough, you can adjust the rod going to the master cylinder easily.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Dont know if anyone is interested but the hillbilly brake fits on the 22s. Thanks to the club store they had them in stock and shipped really fast. A friends kids was in his and put it in neutral, almost ended up going into the lake. Ordered mine the next day. Great product and easy to install.
View attachment 348571
One of the best things I added to our P1

Last edited:
advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not included in the directions when I installed mine, but using a bit of super glue, to bond the fender washer to the nut, sure makes it easier to slide the "nut / washer assembly" up inside the mechanism with one finger. Starting the bolts in is much easier that way.

I suggested that instruction tip to Throttle Maxx.

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Over the past several days, I've put on a new set of BFG mudders 29-9-14 front/29-11-14 rear, 2 1/2" Highlifter lift kit, front end alignment/toe in adjustment, dual battery with true smart isolator/regulator, moved all my accessories over to the aux, battery, added a prewired Nilight switch plate, rear bed liner and Jason's tailgate stiffener... Still have to do the heat mitigation under the front seat, stowage under front seat and back door panels/rear bed panels, and waiting on Jason to rework a bed extender for me to add... Elka's still have not arrived... Once they're in and installed, I'll be done! 🤣 🤣 o_O 👍

Well except for the under dash storage, gun racks, Ram phone/iPad mounts and well... no tellin' what else... Man y'all are a bad influence on me, but I LOVE IT!! 💲💲
IMG 2725IMG 2726IMG 2727IMG 2728

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Over the past several days, I've put on a new set of BFG mudders 29-9-14 front/29-11-14 rear, 2 1/2" Highlifter lift kit, front end alignment/toe in adjustment, dual battery with true smart isolator/regulator, moved all my accessories over to the aux, battery, added a prewired Nilight switch plate, rear bed liner and Jason's tailgate stiffener... Still have to do the heat mitigation under the front seat, stowage under front seat and back door panels/rear bed panels, and waiting on Jason to rework a bed extender for me to add... Elka's still have not arrived... Once they're in and installed, I'll be done! 🤣 🤣 o_O 👍

Well except for the under dash storage, gun racks, Ram phone/iPad mounts and well... no tellin' what else... Man y'all are a bad influence on me, but I LOVE IT!! 💲💲
View attachment 349238View attachment 349239View attachment 349240View attachment 349241
Really looks like you’re gettin the hang of it! Nice job. Don’t stop!

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I personally not a big fan of the Hillybilly Brake. With storage nets above hard to see it engaged and when I think it is using my feet when I get out and look it usually isn’t. So typically I have to use my hands to engage it! I guess having big feet are a hindrance! Lol

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My "hillbilly brake" is actually a big pair of lineman's pliers that I keep in the little cubby hole below the switch panel. When I park it or put it on a trailer, I press the brake hard and shove the pliers in the space between the brake peddle arm and that bracket where it is mounted... To release, just mash the brake... the pliers fall out onto the floorboard... Figger'd that out with my East Texas redneck engineering skills!! I-R-N-GA-NEAR... 👍 🤣

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!