P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10" wide wheels? No rubbing on the arms, plastics, etc??
Not sure on the rim width, I could check tomorrow. I have 1" spacers to adapt to the different bolt pattern. The outer edge of the tire does rub slightly on the inner part of the wheel well at full turn with compression. Today I increased the preload on the springs (fox shocks) I'll see tomorrow if that helped things. I didn't measure clearance with the stock tires, but I now have 13.5" of ground clearance

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I added another month waiting on a head from Honda.

• Sad
Reactions: Backwoods
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What bumper is that?
Paul,
All the information is in this thread

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10" wide wheels? No rubbing on the arms, plastics, etc??
JenElio
I checked this morning The tires are actually 27x14x14 Measuring with a tape measure the rims look like they are 11.5" wide. before I adjusted the preload the tires would touch the inner fender at full turn. I'll add a bit more preload today
IMG 0125 2
IMG 0126 2
IMG 0127 2

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@NorthernJoe - I've often been confused about this winter tire thing (I put mine away for the Winter and ride my sled) but I thought narrower tires were supposed to be better to get down to the hard surface. I can see where really wide tires would give you some float, but what's the tradeoffs?

advertisement
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@NorthernJoe - I've often been confused about this winter tire thing (I put mine away for the Winter and ride my sled) but I thought narrower tires were supposed to be better to get down to the hard surface. I can see where really wide tires would give you some float, but what's the tradeoffs?
Dave,

The plus of these tires is they are studded and yes you get floatation. When the snow is deeper than your ground clearance, I find I get hung up easier on regular tires. When (or if) the snow gets deep enough I put the tracks on. I only bought these tires because I couldn't get tracks when I bought my Pioneer. The front A arms where changed for '22 and Camso did not have the anti-rotation brackets until last January. We live on a non winter maintained road and going in and out on a sled means you have to get all dressed up to get out to the truck. Eggs don't do well on a sled coming back in. I would not recommend going off trail with these! they are ok on the ice and hard pack, and are great for blowing through drifts. I only put them on this year because of the on and off winter so far

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just mess'n with ya a bit @Dirtstiffs-1000 , you've probably got one of the cleanest machine iv'e ever seen ....... I'm pretty OCD about mine and have a hard time spending enough time to keep it spotless ..... I try like hell though .

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@NorthernJoe tell me about the split plate/mud flat against the firewall/footwell aft of the wheel well.

View attachment 413438
@someguy1313 If you look back at post 2907 of this thread you will see the surgery I performed to the wheel well. I also made nerf bars and wrapped aluminum checker plate around them This Mud flap is my version of a mud buster, or in my case a snow buster that covers the "surgery" and ties in the runner boards

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!