P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Started installing my 4500# SuperATV winch. Winch is installed. Next step is wiring, but I'm hesitating. I'm thinking of installing a dual battery setup before wiring the winch so I don't have to rewire the winch later.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have concerns that only 4 bolts hold the winch to the frame? I'm sure the system has been tested, but I like things over engineered.

IMG 5982

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Started installing my 4500# SuperATV winch. Winch is installed. Next step is wiring, but I'm hesitating. I'm thinking of installing a dual battery setup before wiring the winch so I don't have to rewire the winch later.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have concerns that only 4 bolts hold the winch to the frame? I'm sure the system has been tested, but I like things over engineered.

View attachment 273816
I also tend to over engineer things, but how many times have you read about winch bolts shearing off on this forum. I haven’t read about any. I did watch a YouTube video by Dirt’N’Diesel where he talked about bending a SATV mount when someone accidentally bumped the winch control while the winch was fully wound up, but no bolts ripped out or broken. I just installed a 6k winch from the club store and although the winch is held to the mounting plate by 4 bolts, the mounting plate is actually held to the frame by 4 3/8” u-bolts.

Reactions: Glank and Mudwing
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another thing that you may want to think about is flipping you winch over so you have a straighter pull through the fairlead. Waiting until you have your dual battery system installed is a good idea. You’ll find that things start to get a little busy under the hood when you have to install your battery isolator, stinger relay, winch relay, fuse block, etc. You‘re probably going to have cables that are just right and others that will be too long. Make sure you have plenty of the right size ring terminals and shrink tubing before you start the wiring.

E

Ep328

Mar 6, 2021
Norcal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a EMP bumper today. Installation fairly straightforward. The bolts holding rear doors were over torqued by the dealer so one side could not be removed. Still able to get the brackets on.

5FD7C4B3 0F1E 4E20 B9CA 7E1275836D01

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What navigation system are you using?
Samsung 8 inch tablet with Gaia gps app. The app is free but I paid $30 for membership to download backroad maps and atv trails. It was the best for my area. Into it for about $225 including case and mount. There are other apps and mapping so check with what people are using in your area. I’m in Canada so Gaia seemed to be my best option. Very happy as it syncs accross all my devices.

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the radiator hose off Amazon to replace the air box like many have done. It was delivered today and I ran out to the garage right quick to install it. However, it doesn’t fit. The ID of the tube is a little to small. In the pic it’s actually inside the air intake tube. Any ideas on how to fix?
I also tend to over engineer things, but how many times have you read about winch bolts shearing off on this forum. I haven’t read about any. I did watch a YouTube video by Dirt’N’Diesel where he talked about bending a SATV mount when someone accidentally bumped the winch control while the winch was fully wound up, but no bolts ripped out or broken. I just installed a 6k winch from the club store and although the winch is held to the mounting plate by 4 bolts, the mounting plate is actually held to the frame by 4 3/8” u-bolts.
6k winch? - yes, yes sir you like to over engineer. I like your style.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the radiator hose off Amazon to replace the air box like many have done. It was delivered today and I ran out to the garage right quick to install it. However, it doesn’t fit. The ID of the tube is a little to small. In the pic it’s actually inside the air intake tube. Any ideas on how to fix?

6k winch? - yes, yes sir you like to over engineer. I like your style.
Yes, I got the wide spool with 65’ of cable. Normally trees are kind of sparse here in AZ and sometimes the big enough rocks aren’t where you’d like them. So, 65’ of cable on the winch another 30’ of recovery rope and a 25’ tow strap just in case. Normally I ride with another machine or a group. We’ve only needed a winch once when one of the guys cut an inside corner a little short and the back end of his machine fell into a washout about 4ft deep. The front of his machine was straight up in the air and no traction at all in the rear.

Reactions: Glank
advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Bad Dawg bumper. The one thing I don't like about it is how low it sits below the headlights.

If you run forward a-arms, it likes to rub. I have the highlifters and get some rub, but soon I'll be more forward with the install of Texas Tough Customs arms, and I suspect I'll be trimming it.

If you look at the c-fab bumper, it's the same style, but it snugs up under the headlights nicely.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Bad Dawg bumper. The one thing I don't like about it is how low it sits below the headlights.

If you run forward a-arms, it likes to rub. I have the highlifters and get some rub, but soon I'll be more forward with the install of Texas Tough Customs arms, and I suspect I'll be trimming it.

If you look at the c-fab bumper, it's the same style, but it snugs up under the headlights nicely.

C-Fab is the one that I’ve been looking at primarily. They’re also 30 minutes away from my deer camp so I can save a good bit on shipping but that bad dawg looks pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 273816

Consider that a single 1/4 - 28 grade 8 bolt has a tensile strength of 2,728 lbs, a 5/16 - 24 is 3,480 lbs (shear is about 60% of tensile), it is unlikely that things are gonna pull apart!

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you like that light? Where did you get it, thanks.
The light works well. It provides enough light in the cab to find things. I have it on one of my switches and I can turn it off at the light ifI need to. I originally purchased it on Amazon in 2020. It does not look to be available anymore.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got tired of looking stuff up on my phone.
I have an electronic copy.
I'd rather have it in hand.
After I bought it on fleabay, I found a bound copy for about half, $48 bucks shipped.
View attachment 274854
I like the paper manuals too. I only see it for as low as $64 on eBay right now. Cheaper is always better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rerouted all my vent lines and tested my new RB3 rear door bushings. Doors are good but the bed still makes too much noise so it’s back to the drawing board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glank
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!