P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the Corbin turn signals. It was sooooo easy. I only needed some time to put in the switches on my dash panel as I did not like the location they suggested. My wife and I agreed we would not be able to see it past the steering wheel. It turned out well I think, works great! I did add the hazards but I already had horn installed (and mine was FAR less than the $60 they wanted to add it to the kit!)

IMG 8952 IMG 8953 IMG 8954

lomax

lomax

Apr 28, 2021
Denver Colorado
c_carrierlj

c_carrierlj

Feb 21, 2021
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you mount the plate, Or I guess the real question is what is behind that plastic panel?

How did you mount the plate, Or I guess the real question is what is behind that plastic panel?
There are 2 heat shields behind the plastic panel man! So there is no concern of the heat affecting the plastic or the license plate!

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are 2 heat shields behind the plastic panel man! So there is no concern of the heat affecting the plastic or the license plate!
I removed the 4 bolts, took off the plastic "shield" even though the metal shields are behind it. I made sure the plate was dead center in the recessed area and drilled the two holes. Put the plastic shield back on and screwed on the plate with the chrome screw caps (Bling Bling!).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
Black19

Black19

May 4, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Rayger143
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spent the morning troubleshooting the code 12 that has been shutting my P1k5 down frequently. Found the problem in the last 3” of the conector going to the front injector. Problem on the green/black wire going to the PCM ground. Hope the pigtails from the club store get here in time for Friday’s ride. Also replaced the air cleaner element. It’s kind of a PITA to get at, but the system works. The filter itself was filthy but the engine side was clean as can be.

Reactions: TripleB
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spent the morning troubleshooting the code 12 that has been shutting my P1k5 down frequently. Found the problem in the last 3” of the conector going to the front injector. Problem on the green/black wire going to the PCM ground. Hope the pigtails from the club store get here in time for Friday’s ride. Also replaced the air cleaner element. It’s kind of a PITA to get at, but the system works. The filter itself was filthy but the engine side was clean as can be.
Your whole morning probably saved a lot of time for others. Good work and thanks for the tip.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!