P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

R

rickoshea

i decided to go for a short rip up the deactivated logging road across from my place.chased a bear down a spur road and managed to get stuck in the only mud patch in the entire cariboo district.you know that mud that hasn't seen water in a couple months? that mud that is almost cement? that stuff.right to the skidplate.fortunately today was the first day i decided to wear boots since early may.i managed to loop the winch cable to an old rotten stump that was right at the end of my cable and a 90 deg pull to a dry patch.tried to winch with the remote and nothing.sat there wondering wtf i'ma do now.hey stupid,try turning on the remote..after a 30 point turn i managed to get back on dry ground.no love from dirt so now i'm going to take the boat out and see what water has in store for me.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i decided to go for a short rip up the deactivated logging road across from my place.chased a bear down a spur road and managed to get stuck in the only mud patch in the entire cariboo district.you know that mud that hasn't seen water in a couple months? that mud that is almost cement? that stuff.right to the skidplate.fortunately today was the first day i decided to wear boots since early may.i managed to loop the winch cable to an old rotten stump that was right at the end of my cable and a 90 deg pull to a dry patch.tried to winch with the remote and nothing.sat there wondering wtf i'ma do now.hey stupid,try turning on the remote..after a 30 point turn i managed to get back on dry ground.no love from dirt so now i'm going to take the boat out and see what water has in store for me.
Hopefully your day will go better. If you get stuck in the mud on a boat you're probably at the bottom of the sea.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep, last week after dark I decided to go for a ride, I had cut a trail through the trees a few years ago and a limb fell across it and grass grew up around it and couldn't see it any more, after a few beers I decided to ride it anyways, I forgot it had three forks and got hung up between the second and first fork, might of had a few beers, no problem, went to get the truck and chain and the strangest thought crossed my mind, beer pitch black night, maybe I should wait until tomorrow when it's daylight! HA! Glad I did, I really had Rooster hung up. Moral of this is some times beer can make you think straight, but very rarely in my case! HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Moral of this is some times beer can make you think straight, but very rarely in my case! HA!
FDA8F452 241C 415C B6C3 4063EE0BF7AC

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put 20 miles on today with my little guy. We brushed out about 5 miles of trail. Had a good day, picnic and quality time with my son in the woods. That is what it's all about.
P.S. Twenty miles and brushing trails is a most-of-the-day ride were we are. $21k for a sxs, $5k in accessories, $1k in saws and clippers, spending the day outdoors with your son... PRICELESS!

advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rode to an old 11,500 ft CCC Fire lookout in Wyoming Tuesday. I was sucking air but Pioneer did ok.

I've flown by quite a few of the fire lookouts in the Sierra, the lookouts use to come out and wave and I'd rock my wings. With most of them closed and many of those removed, they use to (don't know if they still do) rent some of the remaining ones to folks for the weekend. A friend of mine's wife had pancreatic cancer, he took her to a tower NNW of Minden, NV about 70 miles. I flew another mutual friend in my Husky up there and surprised them, first doing a strafing run and circling the tower at their level (of course we maintained legal separation of 500'), all of us waving at each other like idiots! It was fun! Sadly she died a few months later, he followed 5 years after, cancer in the spine. He was in his late 50's and way too young for that. (Sorry for the downer.)

R

rickoshea

I've flown by quite a few of the fire lookouts in the Sierra, the lookouts use to come out and wave and I'd rock my wings. With most of them closed and many of those removed, they use to (don't know if they still do) rent some of the remaining ones to folks for the weekend. A friend of mine's wife had pancreatic cancer, he took her to a tower NNW of Minden, NV about 70 miles. I flew another mutual friend in my Husky up there and surprised them, first doing a strafing run and circling the tower at their level (of course we maintained legal separation of 500'), all of us waving at each other like idiots! It was fun! Sadly she died a few months later, he followed 5 years after, cancer in the spine. He was in his late 50's and way too young for that. (Sorry for the downer.)
i just took my power wagon up an atv trail to the marble range lookout. too much snow to drive all the way up.had to hike the last 1/2 kilometer.there's now a massive forest fire burning there
20210524 141532
20210524 141448
20210524 141518

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rode to an old 11,500 ft CCC Fire lookout in Wyoming Tuesday. I was sucking air but Pioneer did ok.
View attachment 287462
20210804 113022

Rode 65 miles in the SW Wyoming Desert looking at petroglyphs and cliff dwellings, yesterday. Pretty challenging hill/decent at 6500 ft.
Following game trails and wagon routes.
Lots of smoke coming through from the south, though.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!