P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

R

rickoshea

i finally got off the pot and ordered a set of traxion alpha 28/9.5/14 tires.should be here before the fall.now i need to pick a set of rims.i hate dealing with tires.too many options.probably why i have 3 sets of truck tires.one set for each specific application.towing,winter and mud.

R

rickoshea

gave my tracks the once over today.looks like i need a drivers side anti rotation spring and bracket.slight bend..also had a bent front mount but luckily i had a spare for that side.bearings and bogeys are all good.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the wife was kind enough to write a 22k cheque to the finance company for the remainder of my honda loan.i like her.i'm gonna keep her.she also paid off my new power wagon.
You luck dog, where do you find ones like that? I just "fired" my "accountant" and it cost $150k+. Then after all that, I had to write my own checks to buy my Pioneer and payoff my Silverado.:eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Rayger143
wolf359

wolf359

Nov 23, 2019
Appalachia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a Tusk Scissor Jack and put together a spare. Picked up the KMC Grenade bead lock on ebay for less than the cost of a steel wheel so I had to do it. I hope to have a full set some day!

Jack

Spare

tonyspioneer

tonyspioneer

Jun 2, 2021
Colorado Springs
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Center of pic shows a Powerlet style (also called BMW plug) with waterproof cap for both charging battery without need to remove hood, and for powering things like an air compressor etc. This type of plug is very reliable.

View attachment 284084View attachment 284082

This location for the dual volt meter (came with True battery charging system) faces driver and nothing to remove to reach the back side for mounting and wiring. To the left and below voltmeter is a small rocker switch to disconnect/connect the wireless winch control receiver. It otherwise would be functional all the time (not key on/off) - some have reported uncommanded operation of their wireless winch receiver, probably due to RFI - so the switch is good insurance to prevent damage.

View attachment 284086

From bottom of pic to top: Just above "tool box" is the wireless receiver for winch (most of wiring goes to winch reversing solenoid just above. Next above is True UTV dual battery charging system. Upper left is accessory fuse/wiring box that comes with 1000 SE. I relocated this to above the AUX battery which is secured by quick clamp strap (strap is hot melt glued to compartment sidewalls, there a dense foam pad between battery and fuse box to maintain tension. On the SE, they don't leave you a lot of room to add stuff. Still waiting delivery is a smaller buss/fuse box (the one I had is stock is a bit too big to fit).

View attachment 284087

That's it for now, though there'll be more to come.
Awesome idea on the location of the dual battery gauge. I’d love to see your pics/videos on installation. I’ve got a 21 1000-5 SE as well and I’m planning on adding the same True setup this weekend.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome idea on the location of the dual battery gauge. I’d love to see your pics/videos on installation. I’ve got a 21 1000-5 SE as well and I’m planning on adding the same True setup this weekend.
Congrats on even finding a 21 SE! Other than what I've posted, no other pics (I don't think about taking videos when I trying to figure what I'm doing next). The Tru came with a rocker switch style dual volt meter, I didn't want to use that on the stock switch panel, as I knew I'd be using those spots for switches, so ordered the round one. You might check with Tru to see if you can get that substituted - though the meters are not pricey.

Just got in a 12" X 12" textured plastic sheet, so I'll be removing the, "YOU ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!" warning plate on the right side of the dash. That will be replaced with the blank sheet. I'll make an access hole in the dash under the new panel to make wire routing easier. I'll use blind rivet nuts to fasten the new panel.

R

rickoshea

did a cleanup,tapped out a couple stripped mounts for my nets,went for a short rip up to the mailbox.now i'm waiting on parts.steering rack,tusk roof,new tires,ice studs for the bighorns,parts for the tracks and a cover for my shifters.MODS ARE ALMOST DONE!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did a cleanup,tapped out a couple stripped mounts for my nets,went for a short rip up to the mailbox.now i'm waiting on parts.steering rack,tusk roof,new tires,ice studs for the bighorns,parts for the tracks and a cover for my shifters.MODS ARE ALMOST DONE!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Depending on how someone reads your post you must have damaged a lot on the way to the mailbox :p

R

rickoshea

Depending on how someone reads your post you must have damaged a lot on the way to the mailbox :p
nah,just things i've been putting off,besides the steering rack which was a replacement to a faulty one from rb3.the roof is an upgrade from my soft bimini and the tires are for next spring.the shift cover and track parts are in prep for when the snow really starts to fly.next on the list are fender flare extensions and maybe a hard mid panel.and maybe some door bushings.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I cut my roof and rear window to add a backup light that I’ve had laying around for a while. It is awesomely bright! The club store lights are very nice and easy to install.

I also added a few stickers so I can keep up with the red ones while still dropping drawers…….

2CB33A86 B810 4A4B B7A1 1DF9F0D96A7D
0755E06E 09EA 4FCE A46F C6DAA5CA08FE
DBD0D09B 909B 4373 A411 6566190C9CFC

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cut my roof and rear window to add a backup light that I’ve had laying around for a while. It is awesomely bright! The club store lights are very nice and easy to install.

I also added a few stickers so I can keep up with the red ones while still dropping drawers…….

View attachment 291594

I briefly considered that approach, but then decided to take the coward's way out and surface mount them to the roof using a large washer inside to reinforce the through bolt mount.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I briefly considered that approach, but then decided to take the coward's way out and surface mount them to the roof using a large washer inside to reinforce the through bolt mount.
The Club Stores come with ROP clamps and the lights hang down under the rear roof?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Club Stores come with ROP clamps and the lights hang down under the rear roof?

I'm sure that's a good option IF you don't have a rear windshield by SuperATV. :) If you do, another alternative is to mount the light bracket to the upper portion of the windshield (fixed part), as the polycarbonate is plenty strong for that (unlike plexi).

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I thought about those options, but I already had to trim an inch off the front of the roof because the flip up windshield would hit right in the middle.

I’m not scared of a sawzall. :p Someday I’ll take a utility knife and clean up the burrs, or they will wear off eventually on their own.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!