P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about those options, but I already had to trim an inch off the front of the roof because the flip up windshield would hit right in the middle.

I’m not scared of a sawzall. :p Someday I’ll take a utility knife and clean up the burrs, or they will wear off eventually on their own.

I probably have half a dozen deburring tools, but doesn't everyone have at least one??

See: Deburring tool

R

rickoshea

i stashed them behind my snowplow/snowblower so i don't get any ideas.they are not going on before next spring ,unless i get a catastrophic blowout on my horny that i can't plug.they need new rims now.MODS ARE ALMOST DONE!!!
20210826 113916

Last edited:
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
i stashed them behind my snowplow/snowblower so i don't get any ideas.they are not going on before next spring ,unless i get a catastrophic blowout on my horny that i can't plug.they need new rims now.MODS ARE ALMOST DONE!!!View attachment 291747

What are those? I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finished my removal and replacement of the "WARNING! YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE, IF YOU DRIVE THIS THING!" placard that I referenced in previous post #1070, in this thread. Here's some more of the steps:

Used a small automatic center punch (tapping a small nail in would work) to drive in the center mandrel steel pin in the 6 pop rivets, then attempted to drill them out with a 1/8" drill - of course they all spun, so swung drill bit off axis a bit to at least thin the metal. Then tapped a sharp chisel in under the rivet heads to shear them off. The aluminum placard can then be pulled off. Besides the rivets, they used adhesive to bond it - it'll still peel off. Go gently so you can use the placard as a template. Straighten the aluminum and put a sheet of paper on the adhesive side so it won't keep sticking to everything. Trim the paper to size, scissors works well.

Note the the placard is cut undersize just a bit. I wanted the panel to fit better than the placard did, so gently clamped the placard to the ABS plastic replacement panel, then used a steel machinist ruler on edge held against the placard, and scribed on the outside of the ruler to add about .050" (IIRC) to all edges. Then cut it out with a saber saw, as my band saw, and all my machine tools are at the hangar :c(. Then a bunch of belt sanding, fitting, more sanding, repeat, to get the new panel fit snuggly. Warning, material is removed quickly with a belt sander, so go gently and fit often.

Next I sharpened the end of a 6-32 x 1/2" set screw to a point (cutting the end of a screw off would work just as well) . Chucked the screw in a drill motor and sharpened the end to a sharp point on belt sander to make a center marking tool:

20210826 203142

The pointed screw is threaded into a previously installed 6-32 rivet-nut so the sharp end is just barely protruding enough to prick mark the new panel. The panel is then center punched and drilled with a small drill first, (so it'll be easy to keep the drill centered) then drill with correct size for the screw. Repeat this procedure for each hole, putting screws loosely in the completed holes to keep panel "centered" on all fasteners as you proceed.

I cut the center hole in the dash to allow adjusting and removing the pointed set screw. Note the shift cable at the left side of the hole. I'll later remove more panel material behind a switch panel, but will leave it in place if I decide to use a RAM mount for the added stability.

20210826 203158

The finished panel. Screws are temporary, colored black with a felt tip, until I get some black oxide stainless screws.

20210826 210127

Last edited:
SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I didn’t do this all today , been over the last couple weeks. Installed Honda 2 piece windshield, soft roof with rear panel and front soft upper doors. Have the rears but the hardware was missing. Supplier is sending out hardware Monday. Also installed kfi double tube rear bumper. Dynojet pv3 tuner and big gun explorer exhaust. And of course my @Hondasxs dual rear auto lights with work light switch. Very happy with how it turned out. Waiting still on my rb3 door bushings and hardware for rear doors. Still have to install also my throttle body adapter from PWRtunes. Maybe tomorrow. 598df8272a11c75eb86c7c55b31758f0
782e61706eb821d74de77d47768c67cd
Cba845442869695b2b992a6673dffcbd
5e6491ffb0a8e17572d7ebb2250c8b99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn’t do this all today , been over the last couple weeks. Installed Honda 2 piece windshield, soft roof with rear panel and front soft upper doors. Have the rears but the hardware was missing. Supplier is sending out hardware Monday. Also installed kfi double tube rear bumper. Dynojet pv3 tuner and big gun explorer exhaust. And of course my @Hondasxs dual rear auto lights with work light switch. Very happy with how it turned out. Waiting still on my rb3 door bushings and hardware for rear doors. Still have to install also my throttle body adapter from PWRtunes. Maybe tomorrow. View attachment 292158
View attachment 292159
View attachment 292160
View attachment 292161

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Need to see that video of the Exo exhaust running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed PBR Products, tailgate leveling brackets. I do like the new level tailgate, why did Honda think it should be tilted is beyond me. But the bracket is thicker than the stock ones, so the cable does not swivel on them. Once you tighten them, they will not pivot. Not a biggie, but I would rather they did. Otherwise, great product!

IMG 9335 IMG 9336 IMG 9337 IMG 9338 IMG 9339 IMG 9340

R

rickoshea

got a call from the courier co. this morning.i think it's my tusk roof.i'll pick it up after my dentist appt. now i have something to do this afternoon.the rain finally stopped so the wife and i are loading up the fishing kayaks and heading to bigbar to do some rainbow fishing tomorrow.

R

rickoshea

got more presents in the mail yesterday.new fairlead and winch bump stop so they went on.also got my shifter cover but ran out of time and energy so i'll install that today.the roof wore me out trying to install and weatherstrip/mount my soundbar single handedly.i need a new winch bumper.my neighbor broke thru a frozen creek last winter and i trashed mine trying to get him out.
20210901 174654
MODS ARE ALMOST DONE!!
20210901 174645
20210901 174703

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about those options, but I already had to trim an inch off the front of the roof because the flip up windshield would hit right in the middle.

I’m not scared of a sawzall. :p Someday I’ll take a utility knife and clean up the burrs, or they will wear off eventually on their own.
Big fan of the sawzall, and the 18v multitools are pretty cool as well.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must be slowing down...took about 5 hours for a complete service today. Engine-clutch, Subtrans, diffs, filters and air filter. All mobil synthetic juice. 75-140 syn Diffs, 4T Racing 10w-40 Eng & Subtrans.
Clean up and wipe down...
The filter springs are always fun and good for a drop in the pan f'up during install..
I also dropped the front diff cap in the skid pan which took a half hour of cussing before I got it out and in.
Forgot to put rags under it.
Happy Labor Day Weekend.
J

20210904 173820

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must be slowing down...took about 5 hours for a complete service today. Engine-clutch, Subtrans, diffs, filters and air filter. All mobil synthetic juice. 75-140 syn Diffs, 4T Racing 10w-40 Eng & Subtrans.
Clean up and wipe down...
The filter springs are always fun and good for a drop in the pan f'up during install..
I also dropped the front diff cap in the skid pan which took a half hour of cussing before I got it out and in.
Forgot to put rags under it.
Happy Labor Day Weekend.
J

View attachment 293185
Old news to some, but not fake news..
Buggy shifts quietly and like butter with mobil synthetic juice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!