P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll jump in here to break up the oil battle royale, and show a pic of my dash letter painting. I wanted to do this but I am a perfectionist and did not want to make the slightest mistake. I got up the courage and started with the H. Then after I knew I could do it the way I wanted, I completed the shift gate letters, the paddle shifters and the dot on the headlight switch. Not too bad!

Dash paint 2 Dash paint 4 Dash paint 5

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! That makes sense. Those aren't beadlocks then.
A beadlock has bolts spaced every inch or 2 that holds a separate metal ring on the rim to lock the lip of the tire in. So if you can see that the rim allows for the tires lip to seat without a separate ring then it is a simulated bead lock.

Correct they are not beadlocks.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can also get fake beadlocks with bolts all around the outside to look like beadlocks. In a true beadlock, the bolts clamp an outer ring against the tire bead.

R

rickoshea

Are these considered a beadlock rim? I'm not sure what a beadlock rim looks like (other than what the term implies). Also, what size and same size for all four? Nice looking rim!
all are 14x7 5+2 non beadlock.they are the cheapest ones i could get that still look ok.they will undoubtedly be trashed within 2 years so really spendy rims on it are pointless,but i can repaint them.i have a set of 28x10 traxion Alphas hidden in the shop to mount on them this coming spring.

20210826 113916

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
all are 14x7 5+2 non beadlock.they are the cheapest ones i could get that still look ok.they will undoubtedly be trashed within 2 years so really spendy rims on it are pointless,but i can repaint them.i have a set of 28x10 traxion Alphas hidden in the shop to mount on them this coming spring.

View attachment 297534
Are you going to add a 1” spacer to the rears?

Reactions: Rayger143
R

rickoshea

Are you going to add a 1” spacer to the rears?
as soon as they have them back in stock.now waiting for the email,then they will be ordered.i was waiting for the email that the black lug nuts and valve stems were in stock and got them ordered yesterday

Last edited:
Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 297534
Thanks for the information. I understand everything you're describing here including the need for spacers in the rear. One thing I'm still not sure of is what the 5 + 2 refers to. I've seen other numbers added together and I didn't think it had to do with the lug pattern. I try to read all the threads on the different tires in case I decide to change from stock on my deluxe but still haven't figured out the 5 + 2 and other similar configurations. I'm also familiar with tire ratios as far as sidewall versus tread with but this 5 + 2 doesn't seem to fit that either.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the information. I understand everything you're describing here including the need for spacers in the rear. One thing I'm still not sure of is what the 5 + 2 refers to. I've seen other numbers added together and I didn't think it had to do with the lug pattern. I try to read all the threads on the different tires in case I decide to change from stock on my deluxe but still haven't figured out the 5 + 2 and other similar configurations. I'm also familiar with tire ratios as far as sidewall versus tread with but this 5 + 2 doesn't seem to fit that either.
Stock rims are front 6 + 1, rear rims are 5 + 2 which makes the out side width the same front to back. If you get four 5 + 2 for all corners you will need 1 inch spacers in the rear to even the width out front to back

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!