P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quick glance but I haven't found a source to get them here in the USSA. I do like that tread.

They remind me of these Moose:

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quick glance but I haven't found a source to get them here in the USSA. I do like that tread.

They remind me of these Moose:

Yes look very close. The Moose are only 6ply though.

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my rims showed up this morning.i almost put the valve stems in but i came to my senses and stack them beside the tires.not till spring!!
IMG 5549

R

rickoshea

Sounds lazy to me, get them all ready to bolt on for the spring 🤔😉
if i put them on now i'll just have to remove them(and the spacers) again as soon as it snows to put the tracks on ,which is already late this year.last year it snowed oct.4th. i'm studding the bighorns to test out before the tracks.so the new tires stay out of sight,out of mind till spring.if i put them together,i'll want to put them on. 😁

Last edited:
R

rickoshea

one of these days i have to remove my front bumper.i was dicking around in the shop earlier and i noticed my pioneer is growing a very nice lawn in front of the radiator.no matter what i jammed in there i couldn't scrape it out.it's a very nice shade of green tho'. maybe the winter snow riding will kill it? prolly grow right back in the spring.we'll see i guess.

advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if i put them on now i'll just have to remove them(and the spacers) again as soon as it snows to put the tracks on ,which is already late this year.last year it snowed oct.4th. i'm studding the bighorns to test out before the tracks.so the new tires stay out of sight,out of mind till spring.if i put them together,i'll want to put them on. 😁
Well you don’t have to put them on, just put the tires and rims together 😁

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bit the bullet and bought tires and wheels. Tusk Teton beadlocks smoked, Sedona Rip Saw Tires 27x11x14 rear and 27x9x14 front and black lugnuts. Bought 4+3 wheels for the rear and 5+2 for the front. Front measured out at 64" and rear at 66". I miss guessed the offset to have them even but I don't mind. Also put in Honda fabric mid panel.

20211007 191000 20211007 191007 20211007 191044

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hi. I'm Rick's tire. I'll be haunting him for months . . .

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What? No horn?

Wanted a loud horn, like an air horn, but not with the big trumpet mounted on the fender or roof. So a compact horn was in order - This one: Horn

and Horn button

Now where to mount the dang thing? It mounts with a single bolt (included) but I just couldn't find a good spot out front for the provided mount. After adding an AUX battery etc. under the hood, no room for a horn there. Inboard of the wheel well, offered some hope, but didn't want to hang it off plastic. There is a steel tube strut, inboard of the wheel and up high, that support the forward fender assembly. Fortunately, there's also a thin slot on the horn mount casting that accommodates a SS hose clamp. I used a bit of rubber hose, over the tube, to provide a shock mount and prevent any damage to tube. Cinched the hose clamp down tight and it's a nice solid "shock mounted" install. Oh, and it's loud.

20211003 184434
20211003 184502

I linked to a black button, which I have on order, but I used a SS button I had in stock . . . might switch it out later. A relay is required. I used the relay that shipped with the wiring harness, but didn't use the included wiring as I wanted heavier wire (12 GA).

20211007 105941

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed 300# 14” long Eibach springs on front of rig. Replacing 350# springs from 814’s. Test ride today should will allow me to see if there is any improvement in ride quality. Next step will be putting the 350# springs on the rear. After making that change, if it’s still to stiff, I’ll buy some 275# springs; put them on the front and put the new 300# springs on the rear.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
one of these days i have to remove my front bumper.i was dicking around in the shop earlier and i noticed my pioneer is growing a very nice lawn in front of the radiator.no matter what i jammed in there i couldn't scrape it out.it's a very nice shade of green tho'. maybe the winter snow riding will kill it? prolly grow right back in the spring.we'll see i guess.
I’ve forgotten what real fall weather can be like. Going on a ride today and the temperature will only get to the low 90’s. Our good riding weather is just starting. Might even have to wear a light jacket this morning.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!