P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is definitely the after pic. Just used a longer rope
20211002 135341

Reactions: Rayger143
R

rickoshea

pulling out the last 2 dock sections today.time to put it to work.i may put the doors on today.i'll go for a rip this afternoon and decide then.i put the shifter cover on so i have no heater now.: been snowing like crazy all afternoon so i'm stuck to the couch today.nothing is getting done.

Last edited:
aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't posted in a while so here's a few pics of some recent upgrades...

Finally wired up the 2nd battery. Now I have power to my winch and any other accessory I might add later. The little RC single row led light fit perfectly inside the Warn bumper. This light is tied to my high beam factory switch.

IMG 8537

Bought an aluminum bash plate from one of the inmates here. Bolted up perfectly and covers the gap between the frame and Warn bumper.

Also installed 3/8" UHMW skid from SSSoffroad. The front lip sandwiches between the frame and bash plate.

IMG 8538

Also installed the plug-and-play auto backup lights from the forum store.

IMG 8547

Which reminds me...in preparation for winter, I removed the Alienshade bimini top and installed the Honda factory lid.

I may have posted this last picture before but earlier this year I installed the SATV arms and Elka S4 shocks all around. I haven't played with all the settings since I'm still adding accessories.

IMG 8544

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't posted in a while so here's a few pics of some recent upgrades...

Finally wired up the 2nd battery. Now I have power to my winch and any other accessory I might add later. The little RC single row led light fit perfectly inside the Warn bumper. This light is tied to my high beam factory switch.

View attachment 299643

Bought an aluminum bash plate from one of the inmates here. Bolted up perfectly and covers the gap between the frame and Warn bumper.

Also installed 3/8" UHMW skid from SSSoffroad. The front lip sandwiches between the frame and bash plate.

View attachment 299645

Also installed the plug-and-play auto backup lights from the forum store.

View attachment 299646

Which reminds me...in preparation for winter, I removed the Alienshade bimini top and installed the Honda factory lid.

I may have posted this last picture before but earlier this year I installed the SATV arms and Elka S4 shocks all around. I haven't played with all the settings since I'm still adding accessories.

View attachment 299648
You'll love the Elkas. Looks like you could use a bit more preload.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Changed all the oils today. Honda 10w 40 for the engine and trans; Mobil 1 75w 140 for the diffs and Mobil 1 racing t-4 20w 50 for the sub trans. Next time I’ll take off the skid plate from SATV. Made a heck of a mess on top of the skid plate changing the sub trans, engine and filters. When I take off the skids, I’ll make the drain holes larger.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's expensive oil for your sub trans! You do know you don't need JASO MA2 in the sub, right?

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let us know if you notice any difference. I went to synthetic 75-140 in the diffs, and while I *think* I may have noticed a slight difference, it was negligible.
When I drained the diffs, I noticed some metalic coloring, but it was the first drain at 3600 miles. I think the gear wine is reduced a little and here in AZ we’re quite a bit warmer than your location, thus the heavier weight oils for the high temp end. Right now I think the tires are making more noise than the gear train.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!