P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

mikeholley

mikeholley

Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2020
Sonoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added some shackles to the front of the SE. No rattles with these as they come with rubber washers.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07NMTVDNH/?tag=sxsweb24-20

HondaPioneer 10005 Tow Hooks

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added some shackles to the front of the SE. No rattles with these as they come with rubber washers.

View attachment 298957
I have an SE, of course with the same bumper. I'll be following suit for tie downs - more convenient than the hook slots under the frame. However, I'd surely like to reinforce that bumper some. It looks to be cantilevered up and out, being attached only near the bottom (inboard and below where your shackles mount) and made of thin stamped steel to boot. Not so very inspiring in terms of strength.

My "included light bar" is mounted on top of the bumper - that's also where it is in the pics online. I thought about mounting it under - is that what you did or did yours come that way? BTW, like your roof mounted LED! :)

20210805 151504

mikeholley

mikeholley

Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2020
Sonoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an SE, of course with the same bumper. I'll be following suit for tie downs - more convenient than the hook slots under the frame. However, I'd surely like to reinforce that bumper some. It looks to be cantilevered up and out, being attached only near the bottom (inboard and below where your shackles mount) and made of thin stamped steel to boot. Not so very inspiring in terms of strength.

My "included light bar" is mounted on top of the bumper - that's also where it is in the pics online. I thought about mounting it under - is that what you did or did yours come that way? BTW, like your roof mounted LED! :)

View attachment 299137
Congrats on your SE purchase as all 1000-5's seem hard to find.

The mounts I bought for the shackles on ebay had a small metal backing which works well so far. The bumper should probably be pulled off and have a custom piece cut and riveted or welded behind. I just do not have the time currently.

I moved and prefer the front light below the bar so it was not in the way and looks cleaner. I saw pre release pictures with it below and then after that they were all above the bumper which I think was mostly due to speed of install.

The light bar is the recommended install from Tim Salts and his Curved Light Bar brackets. He also supplied the mount for the reverse lights I have in the rear above the hitch. Both made well and fit great.

I think the new SE looks great but needed a few upgrades. You can see most of mine from my first post.

Next up I ordered some Tensor Regulator A/T Radial Tires 28x10-14 I will be swapping out as I prefer the ride on smooth roads but really did not want to go down the suspension upgrade path.

Cheers...

Last edited:
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The mounts I bought for the shackles on ebay had a small metal backing which works well so far. The bumper should probably be pulled off and have a custom piece cut and riveted or welded behind. I just do not have the time currently.

I moved and prefer the front light below the bar so it was not in the way and looks cleaner. I saw pre release pictures with it below and then after that they were all above the bumper which I think was mostly due to speed of install.

The light bar is the recommended install from Tim Salts and his Curved Light Bar brackets. He also supplied the mount for the reverse lights I have in the rear above the hitch. Both made well and fit great.

I think the new SE looks great but needed a few upgrades. You can see most of mine from my first post.

Next up I ordered some Tensor Regulator A/T Radial Tires 28x10-14 I will be swapping out as I prefer the ride on smooth roads but really did not want to go down the suspension upgrade path.

Cheers...
I put similar brackets on mine. A 1/4” plate 2” x 2” drilled to the dimension of the holes in the brackets works well.
52FC10C1 8F62 4389 A980 679EBB2B5C76
52FC10C1 8F62 4389 A980 679EBB2B5C76

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Cheers...
I second that motion. I also got the idea from Tim’s rig.

4BF56964 4486 4574 9F27 C88E8215F56D

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good. Wheels and tires look great. What size did you end up with?
Went with system 3 wheels and tires. 5-2x14 headlocks and 10x14Rx28 system 350’s. All of the bead lock bolt holes have steel inserts and the lug nut holes also have steel inserts so you’re not tightening up against the aluminum.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 299137
I once twice three times a lady! Hahaha just came to mind had to say it, had small light bar low like the others. Bad idea for two reasons and I was stupid and did it twice. One reason is wet. If u get in any type of water where its submerged, you will eventually get water inside the light and then your fuked. 2, that low is very venerable to debris that will take out glass/light. Moved mine to the top a few yrs ago and was the best thing i did. Yours tho, I would move it down of the bar so its not so much on a perch and a use a much more robust mounting bracket.

And for the others with the front shakles, I have the same brackets and i mounted them with a small plate just slightly larger than the bracket with lock nuts then welded around that. Pulled quite a bit with that including yesterday when ripped out a huge shrub in the yard.

DC9472A2 17A3 4260 BC46 C537463ACC41

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't physically added anything yet but man my wallet and Amazon shopping cart is going crazy. I will have some neat things added over the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to list it here :p

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Managed to get the lighter 350# springs mounted on the rear 814 shocks yesterday. Will get to give them a workout next Friday and hopefully find out if they‘re going to soften up the ride enough. So far, I haven’t lost any ride height and last Friday’s ride indicated that changing the front springs to 300# helped. Also pulled out the sway bar while the shocks were off. It will be interesting to see the differences in handling and articulation.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure you create a build thread
I try to keep it updated but sometimes projects get done before listing them.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added some new rocker switches. The one for the light bar broke so I went ahead and replaced them all with the OTR brand. They seem a lot better than what was in it. SVT I think? Got them wired so the words on the bottom are lit all the time (which is when my aux switch is on) and the pictures are lit when the switch is activated. It was an easy swap. Just had to add 2 extra jumper wires for the lights on the winch in/out switch.

20211010 173225
20211010 210109

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added an oiled foam air filter. Bought the additional hose to do the "under hood snorkel" mod, but didn't have the space for the big rubber hose. No matter, it would only have added a few inches elevation to the intake. Adding the pre-filter was the main benefit I was after. Where I'll be driving, a mud puddle a few inches deep is so rare it would already have a flock of migrating water fowl claiming it.

20211009 212022

Filter is: Filter

Mounting coupling: Coupling

Note that I had to cut one end of the aluminum joiner coupling off, as its ridge made it too large to slide down into the intake fitting. With that cut off and the edge cleaned up it's a nice snug slip fit. It would be easy to make your own "coupling" as many cans (e.g. WD-40 etc.) are the same dimension as the coupling.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Friday I added some xl mudbusters
20211011 103744
20211011 103823

Went after some deer this morning. Seen a few but let them walk.

Pulled a tree a couple hundred yards. Just had to see what it would do.
20211011 132517

And got a good pic with all the dogs.
20211011 103714

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!