P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

M

Moxdmguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2020
Lone Jack, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put some vinyl lettering front and back and added auto backup lights….
9AED66D7 B4CC 4FD8 9C69 2EEA6A7F6B0E
5A5B0516 C918 4E1C ADB0 DB1FE909E307

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wasn't thrilled about placing the horrible looking registration stickers on my wife's Barbie Jeep, so I did some looking. I found the stainless steel decal mounting plates on Azon and figured I would put the stickers on these plates, then mount the plates where I want them. Anyway I do it, I am not sticking them on the body as the textured plastic is not ideal, and the only good place is exactly where they put the decal on the hood above the front tires.

So I went to Menards and bought a 3/4 Chrome bolt, one of those prickly star washers and a nylon lock nut. I put the decal on the plate and trimmed the extra with an exacto knife. I drilled the hole on the side of the footrest and pushed the bolt through the plate, then the star washer, then the plastic, putting the lock nut on the inside with a flat washer. Now she is legal, but there is nothing on the body to remove when it's time for the new decals.

IMG 9798 IMG 9799 IMG 9800 IMG 9801

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those of us with an SE, and a dual voltage meter, have the stock voltage meter adorning the dash redundantly and not serving much purpose. Better to swap it out with a digital thermometer so you can tell how hot you aren't (it's winter). This is the one I chose, as the display is easy to read and it requires only a little enlarging of the original cutout. Also, conveniently, you can cut the USB plug off it and connect the red/black to the same plug that supplied the voltmeter.

Temp Gauge

The gauge is just to the right of the lower row of rocker switches. Dual voltmeter to the right of that, and right below the dual voltmeter is a handy little momentary push-button switch I added so I can check battery voltages without turning on key switch.

Yeah, it's 48.5 F in my RV garage/shop. Saving propane to try and make it through the winter on one tank. Thermostat is set at 42 to keep pipes from freezing, I hope. :(

20211221 215040

advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, but Oakland, CA was somewhat behind the times & still carrying revolvers when I left in '80. Only Sergeants had a Taser. Patrol cars had an 870 shotgun and no AR in the trunk. We could easily be outgunned by the bad guys.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yes, but Oakland, CA was somewhat behind the times & still carrying revolvers when I left in '80. Only Sergeants had a Taser. Patrol cars had an 870 shotgun and no AR in the trunk. We could easily be outgunned by the bad guys.
Oh, I was just harassing ya.

Yea, no ARs in patrol units until after North Hollywood shootout.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added Xmas snow whilst plowing. It's surprising how much you can stuff away in the spokes and undercarriage - especially with skid plates - making it near impossible to sweep away before parking.
Started plowing with 18" in the driveway, cleaned it for 20 minutes, and still brought a bunch back into the garage to melt on the floor. Ho, Ho, Ho?

Secondary add: I put a Bunker Hill spot and wide light on the ROPS in the rear center a bit ago. The kit came with two lights, and I considered mounting the two (the Honda OEM roof is well-suited for two). In the end, I really don't need that much light in back and decided to keep one to mount somewhere else or as a spare.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Built a divider for the bed. Each cube is 14” square and can hold a propane tank, 5 gal bucket, etc. There is 6” left at the tailgate, full width. The center is 4”, which will fit my colman cookstove. This will come in handy ice fishing to be a little better organized.
9300A170 CD8C 4008 8D21 7726EEA5D794

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 310411
Installed the second battery and moved the accessories over!

Don't see one, but using a battery hold down is a good fire safety idea I think. One easy way to do so is to use a cinch strap (nylon strap with cam type lock). I cut mine to length and attached to compartment side walls with hot melt glue. That was after testing strap adhesion on scrap piece of plastic to make sure shear strength would be adequate.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And, I had to bring my own pellet gun to shoot rats down at the Oakland estuary on the graveyard shift. I think I'm okay saying that, as the statute of limitations has surely run out. They seemed completely oblivious to a cop car . . . I guess they thought we were there to protect them?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!