P500 What fixes into the "sockets" on the top of the bed edge?

H

HondaOwner

Sep 9, 2024
UK
Ownership

1. 520
So I've just taken delivery of a 520 and all in all it's great and I'm really pleased with it! In my case it's replacing a Polaris Ranger 700XP Crew Cab, so something MUCH larger!

One thing about the Polaris is that the bed sides had circular holes in it which made it easy to attach / mount things on the sides of the bed.

However the bed on the 520 has these strange square-ish holes, with the middle one having a cut out which cuts into the bed side....

So has anyone found anything that actually mounts or clips into these holes?

Anyone seen a 3d printed mount that would work?

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. I think those square holes are for the optional "Bed Rails"
Honda bed rails

H

HondaOwner

Sep 9, 2024
UK
Ownership

1. 520
Aha! You bunch of legends :D that's exactly it, I've been searching (poorly) for over a week now!

Thanks for the super warm welcome, looks like the Honda Powersports accessories are US only, will have to see if they will ship internationally.

For anyone else that comes across this later, so far I think the 3 options that fix into those sockets, are the Bed Rails that @SILVER_ALERT mentioned and both the Chainsaw Mount and Bed Rack.

Honda calls this mounting method the "exclusive Honda Pro-Connect® attachment system" might try to research that now I know the name of it.

Thanks everyone, and hiya there from the UK 🇬🇧 😄