What is the wrench on the display?

D

dtawney

Dec 25, 2014
It too late to call a dealer, I forgot the manual at home for my new Pioneer 500 (42 miles), and a little wrench symbol has popped up in the upper right hand corner of the display. Does anyone have any idea if I should park it until Tuesday when I go back home or could I continue to ride this weekend without doing damage to the machine?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
That is the maintenance light but believe it should come on at 100 miles - one of the other guys can verify this.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes 100 miles or 20 hrs is the initial break in service interval. Should only display a wrench.

At 600miles or 100hrs a wrench with "1" will show up and after another 600miles or another 100hrs a wrench with "2" will show up.

They are different services for each interval. 1 or 2 it rotates back and forth and helps you keep track of what should be done.

Reactions: Yamaguy and JCart
D

dtawney

Dec 25, 2014
Yes 100 miles or 20 hrs is the initial break in service interval. Should only display a wrench.

At 600miles or 100hrs a wrench with "1" will show up and after another 600miles or another 100hrs a wrench with "2" will show up.
They are different services for each interval. 1 or 2 it rotates back and forth and helps you keep track of what should be done.

Thanks. We were spending the weekend at our cabin in the mountains of WV, 200 miles from home. We enjoy riding the old logging roads around here and I didn't want to go back to one of the Grizzlies if I didn't have to. I sure didn't want to do any damage to our new ride. Thanks again for the information.

T

Tcanns70

Jan 4, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just got a 2016 Honda pioneer 1000-5 today and road it for maybe 20 mins and didn't ride hard and the wrench light is on. What could that be from?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

After service, is there a way to get rid of the wrench?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
After service, is there a way to get rid of the wrench?
Yep, you turn the key to on, tap the gas pedal three times while you're rubbing your belly and push the button on the digital display.........................or something like that. I think Hondasxs put it in his write up for the oil change.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, you turn the key to on, tap the gas pedal three times while you're rubbing your belly and push the button on the digital display.........................or something like that. I think Hondasxs put it in his write up for the oil change.

You're confusing it with the Chevy! ;)

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks roc! Thought I covered the manual, didn't remember seeing that.
No problem
.....my buddy text
me the other day....
to change his...
then sold it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!