P500 What kind Of Gas do you run in your 500?

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I run recreational (ethanol free) gas in my boats, P500, lawnmower and 2-stroke engines - some may say it's not be necessary, but I never have any problems. Here in Alabama nearly every gas station around me carries ethanol free, and it's not much more expensive than premium, so I'm happy and my engines are happy too.

Before recreational gas was readily available I used Premium on the advice of my Stihl dealer who suggested it due to additional additives and stabilizers not found in regular gas. IMO - Gas with ethanol is just plain crap, the main reason your car can somewhat tolerate it is because it doesn't stay in the tank too long.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ethanol Free for me, in P500, boats, and all small engines. Just got 12gals on a quick trip to town. I have had too many issues with Ethanol separating in boats and lawnmowers.

Reactions: 100Acre
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
I run premium in all my small engines, which is 91 octane in my area.
I run alcohol free gas whenever possible. During hunting season when I'm running everyday I burn regular 87 octane gas with or with out ethanol. When I park it in the winter time for 4 or 5 months I drain the tank and put a 1/2 gallon of Avgas in the tank and run through the system for a few minutes and the shut it down. Avgas doesn't breakdown like vehicle gas. Just as good 5 months later as the day you put it in the tank. Wouldn't run it long on Avgas though as it is 100LL and can be hard on plugs and valves. Good for long term storage though.

Reactions: 100Acre

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!