P1000 What Lies Beyond - Honda Announcement

H

HondaTech

New Goldwing today. Video won't be available till like 6pm PST tonight. The banner on our dealer site shows a silhouette of a bike that is eerily similar in profile to the 2018 Goldwing leaked pictures.

Honda is done with off-road announcents for the year.

Reactions: sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Almost looked like an IPhone commercial. And I do believe I spotted Dreamland BBQ in there.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably some portion filmed at Barber MSP as I caught several photos from the Barber Motorsports Museum in there.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Honda must think there are people out there interested in anything they have to announce :rolleyes:.
Their products are about as exciting as watching a golf game.
That's funny!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Guess it was a new GoldWing.
Now,
How do we squeeze that thing into the Pioneer? Lol.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

advertisement
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Say what you want, but I bet that’s one impressive bike. I remember when the gl1800 first came out and it was really something. Id almost go as far as to say it’s the best overall bike out there. Damn fun to drive for a touring bike as well.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SNIFF...SNIFF..."What Lies Beyond" brought a little tear to my eye...They kept asking the "WHY" and I had to ask myself "WHY" as well.
"WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME WATCHING THAT SUCKY VIDEO?"

Honestly, it's all about marketing and demographics. Ya build a product and then ya have to get in the buyers head to make them think it was their idea to make a purchase.

IMO...DCT in an automotive environment is awesome, DCT on a motorcycle has a LONG way to go before it winds my clock...no mater how slick the ad from New York.

Reactions: R-Lamm
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
SNIFF...SNIFF..."What Lies Beyond" brought a little tear to my eye...They kept asking the "WHY" and I had to ask myself "WHY" as well.
"WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME WATCHING THAT SUCKY VIDEO?"

Honestly, it's all about marketing and demographics. Ya build a product and then ya have to get in the buyers head to make them think it was their idea to make a purchase.

IMO...DCT in an automotive environment is awesome, DCT on a motorcycle has a LONG way to go before it winds my clock...no mater how slick the ad from New York.

Many people love the DCT in the Africa Twin platform, but I agree, it would be weird to me.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sat on the Africa Twin the other day at the dealer and it really did feel good. It was light and easy to move around. I'd love to ride one sometime at a demo, I'll never buy one 'cause I just don't have that kind of cash floating around...but it's fun to think about.

Regarding the DCT on the AT, the sales schmuck even acknowledged the staff that rode it had a weird learning curve...I dunno, I sure like "one down and the rest up" if you know what I mean.

Reactions: DRAGFOOT

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!