BOX1

What products are you using to clean your Talon?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pressure wash inside and out with the white 30 degree tip. Then spray with MX ATV wash (works amazing but pricey) or once in a while with car wash soap, and if I’m really trying to shine her up I’ll spray SC1 on the plastics and inner fenders.
HARD.
I use Xtream Clean products on my stuff. Their Mud Guard works awesome. I actually found the price of the Extream Clean wash to be quite acceptable vs buying S-100 Total Cycle Wash.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Just a couple minutes. I do the first round of pressure washing to knock off the mud and then spray it down. Takes all the slimy residue off that’s left without hand washing it.

Oregon, Sand Lake is the closest place to play. Florence is better, once we get our “new” pile of garbage toy hauler back from the dealer we’re heading there. Then Winchester and Coos Bay for thanksgiving.
If you do buy the MX wash or SC1 the prices improved quite a bit buying in bulk by 5 gallons or 12 cans at a time.
I did buy a case of SC1 cans. I’ll buy the MX in a 5 also. Thanks
Do you know much about the 40 miles of Oregon beach riding. I plan on hitting it in a couple months and I’m wondering what to expect beyond what I can glean on line???

Reactions: SpeedBuggy
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you know much about the 40 miles of Oregon beach riding. I plan on hitting it in a couple months and I’m wondering what to expect beyond what I can glean on line???
Summit Racing sells the Extream Clean products at decent prices ($59) if your looking for a place to order from.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Can SC1 be used as a cleaner or is it a coating for after washing? I'd hose it off first.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
After we ride I have 3 machines to clean so it takes me a while the next day to clean up, usually the next day.

Round 1 the garden hose and re-hydrate all the mud and dirt.
Round 2 is blasting all the dirt off with pressure washer.
Round 3 pressure washer and simple green, ZEP, or a custom soap then wash with pressure washer to get dirt spots off.
Round 4 back to the garden hose to rinse down the cab area from all the pressure washer blowing dirt everywhere
Round 5 use something called LA Totally Awesome to clean mud stained seats. This stuff works great!! Learned about on RZR forum.

The best soap I've ever used is by ZEP and its a pink powder bought for my RV at RV dealer. It's $85 for 5 gal bucket!! RV dealer sells in small 1 pound containers that last for years!

The custom soap is mixed by a local company. It's not for sale but I can get it since it's a friend. It works as good as ZEP also.

Reactions: CID
Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
We use 1/2 gallon of purple power, 1/2 gallon of cheap liquid laundry detergent, 1 gallon of water in a pump up sprayer. Spray off all the heavy stuff with pressure washer. Spray solution let sit for a minute or two, pressure wash off. Repeat as many times as necessary.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I’m no expert as we don’t go that often. The sand is dry this year. Unless it’s just cruising around I would recommend paddle tires. Check the local utv laws from Sand lakes in the north to Coos bay in the south for riding directly on the beach at the ocean. I would look at some maps of the coastline once you know the laws to figure out what’s best for you as there are a couple large rivers that break up the dunes and sandy coastline in I think it’s 3 main sections. We stick to the dunes mostly. Florence has the biggest dunes with Winchester Bay and Coos bay also having big dune areas to ride. Many of the state and local campgrounds have dune acces and hookups or you can camp on the sand at some places or at least you could when I was still on quads. Day use ares are just that with large parking areas and the dunes are supposed to close at 10 pm. The local communities are dune friendly with lots of support in town. Buy supplies in OR for no sales tax. If you’re not sure on paddles you can get them at Les Shawab or other tire stores locally with sets mounted and on display in the stores. Did I mention no sales tax.

• Love
Reactions: CID and Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
S
I’m no expert as we don’t go that often. The sand is dry this year. Unless it’s just cruising around I would recommend paddle tires. Check the local utv laws from Sand lakes in the north to Coos bay in the south for riding directly on the beach at the ocean. I would look at some maps of the coastline once you know the laws to figure out what’s best for you as there are a couple large rivers that break up the dunes and sandy coastline in I think it’s 3 main sections. We stick to the dunes mostly. Florence has the biggest dunes with Winchester Bay and Coos bay also having big dune areas to ride. Many of the state and local campgrounds have dune acces and hookups or you can camp on the sand at some places or at least you could when I was still on quads. Day use ares are just that with large parking areas and the dunes are supposed to close at 10 pm. The local communities are dune friendly with lots of support in town. Buy supplies in OR for no sales tax. If you’re not sure on paddles you can get them at Les Shawab or other tire stores locally with sets mounted and on display in the stores. Did I mention no sales tax.

Awesome, thanks for the info….😎

B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I use a hose with a mop bucket and a sponge and add a little dishwashing detergent. If it's really dirty I will go the local car wash and use a wand. I would rather pay a few dollars and leave the mud there than drag out the pressure washer. When I'm done it's 'clean enough'.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I use Xtream Clean products on my stuff. Their Mud Guard works awesome. I actually found the price of the Extream Clean wash to be quite acceptable vs buying S-100 Total Cycle Wash.
Do you spray the mud guard on as a dressing or is it a wash?

Mc0401

Mc0401

Jan 8, 2020
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Pressure wash inside and out to get heavy mud off.
Use a $10 amazon foam canon with regular car wash/wax soap mixed with simple green and spray entire buggy.
Use soft brush and scrub b4 soap dries.
Pressure wash off.
Put everything away.
Wipe down with a chamois.
And if i want to get real "fancy" ill use a spray wax!
I have a glass windshield. If you have a poly i wouldnt wipe or scrub it with anything until you are done and use a microfiber.

20200806 101941

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I typically power wash, foam, rinse, dry. After it dries I do a little more detailed clean with honda brite. Then coat with SC1 to bring back the shine. Let it sit a few days to a week and wipe off the SC1 residue.

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!