P500 What size are the bullet connectors on the sub-harness?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I trying to finish up a long standing task of wiring my LED aux and work lights. The bullet connectors I have and used in making the harnesses are too large for what is on the sub-harness. I need to order some more wire, so want to get these too.

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I just use the standard male bullet connector. The first time you push it in it spreads the female one to fit and then tape the connection. I have had no problems with all the connections so far.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I trying to finish up a long standing task of wiring my LED aux and work lights. The bullet connectors I have and used in making the harnesses are too large for what is on the sub-harness. I need to order some more wire, so want to get these too.

Radio Shack.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Amazon. Get shrink tape too for an air/water tight fit.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I stopped at an auto-parts store on the way home. No bullet connectors that size. The ones on there have nice siliconized boots, same or similar to what I've seen on outboard motors. Better quality that what I have.

RS? While once found around every corner, including rural NY, not so much anymore. No problem ordering from amazon if knowing the right size. Worse case, I'll just cut off and install what I have.

Reactions: JTW
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I stopped at an auto-parts store on the way home. No bullet connectors that size. The ones on there have nice siliconized boots, same or similar to what I've seen on outboard motors. Better quality that what I have.

RS? While once found around every corner, including rural NY, not so much anymore. No problem ordering from amazon if knowing the right size. Worse case, I'll just cut off and install what I have.
I'm glad you brought up this issue,I ordered the sub harness thru my Honda dealer and am going to pick it up Sat.,I am going to see if they have the plugins on hand or if they can get them in.

J

JTW

I just ordered one for my lights and winch install.. Considering I'm limited in time to get things together.. I hope someone answers you so I can order too!

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I can tell you the one you don't want is 0.176" size. That is what the label says and measured the male and got that with my calipers. I measured the males on the sub-harness and get 0.155" or about 4mm. 4mm looks to be one the sizes they are offered in. If I can't find it locally today. I'm going to cut and replace.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I stopped at a different auto parts store on the way in to work and they had 4mm. I will let everyone know this evening if they fit or not.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I stopped at a different auto parts store on the way in to work and they had 4mm. I will let everyone know this evening if they fit or not.

The 4mm male I bought fits tight into the the sub-harness female, but the 4mm female is too loose in the sub-harness male connector. Maybe these are some special type?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
The 4mm male I bought fits tight into the the sub-harness female, but the 4mm female is too loose in the sub-harness male connector. Maybe these are some special type?

I ended up just compressing the 4mm female connectors, and seems to work. Finished the project up and all back together. The lights all work including the switch LEDs. :)

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I ended up just compressing the 4mm female connectors, and seems to work. Finished the project up and all back together. The lights all work including the switch LEDs. :)
I used the 4 mm in the harness I picked up today and they fit nice and snug in the female,didn't have to use the male end for what I was wiring.

Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I did alot of searching on the web and I think the answer is that they are 3.9 mm connectors. Ordered 3.9 from Amazon and they sent 4.0....had the same issues as @FuzzyGrub.....was able to make them work but still think 3.9 is the ticket.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!