P1000 What switches do you have in your panel?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rock lights are covered with "side lights"
I don't see myself getting an LED whip..
I have the winch power button already

don't stereo's usually have their own power button?
Interior/dome light is a good possibility..

Any other ideas?

I just don't want him to finish this panel and a month later I say "crap! I'm gonna add ________ and I need a switch for that! Why did I waste it on the dam interior light??

yaknowwhatimean?

What else could I add to this machine that would require a switch??
Run extra wires and leave blank slots in your switch panel. Take your time and do it right. Im going through a complete wiring over haul myself right now. I never "planned" to add any of the accessories i have. But if you hang around here it will happen. I just kept cobbling crap together and made it work. But its best to do it right the first time.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That shot helps a lot man.. I'm running 3 on the bottom, and 4 in the middle. Now I can see how they fit. Looks good!

On my Vike I wired the panel to an ignition-on wire. I think I'll do the same with this one.

Just remember if you want to use ANYTHING, the key has to be on. If the key is on the meter is running. I had mine that way at first because that way I knew if I took the key out and walked away I didn't have to worry about anything being left on. On a previous machine i had switches that kept getting bumped and I wouldn't realize my lights left on in the middle of the day.

On the trial rides when parked I want to keep the CB radio on or the Stereo on. When it was wired to the key you have to turn it all off to kill the motor then key back on again. It got annoying waiting the 10 seconds for the radios to power back on. And also listening to the fan run at times. Thus I made the change and put it all on a master switch. Just a thought. If you have no CB or stereo then i agree the key is probably the way to go.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just remember if you want to use ANYTHING, the key has to be on. If the key is on the meter is running. I had mine that way at first because that way I knew if I took the key out and walked away I didn't have to worry about anything being left on. On a previous machine i had switches that kept getting bumped and I wouldn't realize my lights left on in the middle of the day.

On the trial rides when parked I want to keep the CB radio on or the Stereo on. When it was wired to the key you have to turn it all off to kill the motor then key back on again. It got annoying waiting the 10 seconds for the radios to power back on. And also listening to the fan run at times. Thus I made the change and put it all on a master switch. Just a thought. If you have no CB or stereo then i agree the key is probably the way to go.
Good point with true battery insulater you'll only run secondary battery dead. Only thing of mine that doesn't work with key on right now is winch, butt fan and under dash light

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Bingo!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s a little cluttered....

F006649c9b22c1664310992006c0f4a6

Plus one port in the glove box

620468b6bd79871a69e55ae050757751

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You have a lot of switches ... what do they go to?

I looked for a better pic but didn’t have one.

Light bar
Side lights
Reverse lights
Rock loghts
Grille lights
Interior light
Horn
Stereo
Winch power
Winch in/out
Cooling fans
Two of them are usb outlets with volt meters built in. One for each battery.

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just finished up my panel...for the 3rd and hopefully last time.
View attachment 85975
Nice clean job.
A suggestion, Move the winch power switch to opposite side of panel. When you are in a situation and your winching you could accidentally hit the power switch instead of the in/out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!