What the coolest thing you have run into out on the trail?

MAJspoon

MAJspoon

Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2020
Cadiz, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This walked in front of me on a dual sport motorcycle trip. He was only about 30 ft out and following a cow.

IMG 3770 1

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
We have come around a corner two different times to be face to face with a black bear. After the pucker factor let go, I was not fast enough to get a picture. I just bought a small camera I have mounted on the windshield that has a 5-minute loop so I don't miss it again.

G

gatorgrabber

Dec 8, 2019
Palm Bay, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
LOL,, we saw this in Florida in the middle of the Withlacoochee Forest on the side of a trail posted on a tree.
Obviously this guys friends are having a good time with it, or that poor bastard lost a bet.

Wanted Poster

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol @Ragnar406
Hey yea, We were coming up a trail "that you might get in trouble riding" during our night ride, it is not a difficult trail but not smooth and right at the end of the trail in what was likely the smoothest part there sat a big cooler full of beer and Juice boxes lol.

I have come up on a Bear before in the middle of the trail and that caught me off guard

And then one time at takeover there was a machine (Artic cat maybe) that was broke down on the trail (puncheon camp trail) at a water crossing, they had beat and banged that thing a good bit trying to get it out of there. @Hondasxs , @JACKAL (was leading) , @Kilo427 , @ohanacreek, @knuckledeep @Windrock1000 were all there as well... that was a good riding day

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last summer we where out riding and ran out of frosty beverages, so we made a detour to the trails that ran behind a gas station on our way out we took a different trail. we ran across two young girls one with a bunny mask on, on all fours no pants and the other girl had her face buried in her p***** wearing a bunny costume. Explain that one to a bunch of small kids. I was laughing so hard I had to stop up the trail to catch my breath

advertisement
B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last summer we where out riding and ran out of frosty beverages, so we made a detour to the trails that ran behind a gas station on our way out we took a different trail. we ran across two young girls one with a bunny mask on, on all fours no pants and the other girl had her face buried in her p***** wearing a bunny costume. Explain that one to a bunch of small kids. I was laughing so hard I had to stop up the trail to catch my breath
Reads like a story out of the Penthouse forum so not that I don’t believe ya but it would be very helpful if you photo’s! :)

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reads like a story out of the Penthouse forum so not that I don’t believe ya but it would be very helpful if you photo’s! :)
If I had photos I wouldn't show them they where teenagers lol. It took me and wife a few seconds to realize what the hell was going on, she was trying to get my girls attention so they wouldn't see. my 9 year old son couldn't stop looking I couldn't of been more proud.

F

feltner1079

Apr 9, 2021
Houston
Ownership

1. Talon X4
We are from South Texas, but go to Missouri to ride Cloud 9 Ranch. Over spring break we ran into this and thought it was really cool. What is the coolest thing you have found on the trail?

Disclaimer: this pick was taken Spring Break 2021. YOU HAVE NOT TIME TRAVELED BACK TO 1982!!!!

View attachment 269397
They hide painted rocks where we ride for ppl to find and rehide somewhere else... gonna put this bad boy somewhere special....

Screenshot 20210519 140122 Avenza Maps 20210519 140834

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
They hide painted rocks where we ride for ppl to find and rehide somewhere else... gonna put this bad boy somewhere special....

View attachment 272664 View attachment 272665
I belong to a couple of exploring Arizona type Facebook pages. Unfortunately, the pages like that you tend to get exposed to...let's say, tree hugger/eco Nazi type groups that you normally dont associate with. You would be amazed at how much they b**** about these little painted rocks people leave in the desert. Personally, I'd rather see a little painted rock than smell the putrid, rancid body odor or patchouli oil of most of these type of people drifting across the desert.

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
We had a black bear drop down out of a tree right in front of us .
I used to live in Demming and hunted elk in Achme. Ran into bear and cougar several times while riding horseback. One reason I moved to MT was the lack of ATV riding in Western WA. But now I have to watch out for Grizzly Bears and Wolves. But lots of areas to ride ATVs.

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
Twice I've encountered Cougar once from a distance of around 200 yards and the second I was on my Rincon putt'n along coming up on a corner looked to my right and at the base of a small fur tree there stood a cat. I had my WireHair pointer whom would ride on a platform I installed on the back of the ATV.
I slowly continued around the corner and hopped off the quad with my dog on heal ( he also had his shock collar on since we where hunting grouse).
I was carry my small camera so it with hiked back up where I'd first seen it during which time my dog was on alert he knew somthing wasn't right. I could see print in the dusty dry powdery dirt heading down a gully. It was a calm day with not a lot of wind and we slowly proceeded down the draw. I heard a bit of commotion behind us turned and the cat was tracking us. Probably twenty yards behind us, my dogged barked and spooked it up the ravine.
There like ghosts in the wild and I've spent lots of time hunting and as mentioned seldom see em. It sure was a good memory to picture even though I didn't get a picture.
I lived in Demming for 25 years. Ran into cougars and bears a lot while riding horses in that country. But wasn't a good place for ATVs. That is one reason I moved to MT.

Reactions: feltner1079

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!