What the Takeover means to me... by Jshell3

J

Jshell3

The Takeover is about to Takeoff.

I thought now would be as good a time as any to highlight 10 reasons that have me a little extra EXCITED. Maybe some of these will ring true to you. (and you can expound on the bulletpoints).

1. Obviously, (first and foremost) I get to meet YOU, IN PERSON.
  2. I find it exciting to guess "Who's Who" just by looking at your rigs...
  3. To see if I've been pronouncing your screen name correctly. (I'm looking at you @Eltobgi)
  4. I get to bring my HAM radios. (they just sit on a desk at home... rarely turned on)
  5. I get to bring my DRONE... and be an intricate part of the opening ceremonies (picture from the top of the world)
  6. I washed my truck (and vacuumed it).
  7. I get to pull my trailer w/ a purpose. For 8 hours (you like this? @JACKAL)
  8. Mods!!! - I get to see YOUR mods. And appreciate them to the best of my abilities.
  9. Make friends... I already consider most of you buddies... But I'll get to put you in my phone under your REAL name!
  10. To Ride in a new place where there are waterfalls w/ my wife! Apr 28th is our 22nd anniversary.

Honestly, I could list about 400 reasons this trip has me so excited. But I chose 10 good ones.

What are you looking forward to... that hits you on a different level than your typical vacation!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500

I thought now would be as good a time as any to highlight 10 reasons that have me a little extra EXCITED. Maybe some of these will ring true to you. (and you can expound on the bulletpoints).

3. To see if I've been pronouncing your screen name correctly. (I'm looking at you @Eltobgi)
  4. I get to bring my HAM radios. (they just sit on a desk at home... rarely turned on)
  5. I get to bring my DRONE... and be an intricate part of the opening ceremonies (picture from the top of the world)
  8. Mods!!! - I get to see YOUR mods. And appreciate them to the best of my abilities.
  9. Make friends... I already consider most of you buddies... But I'll get to put you in my phone under your REAL name!
  10. To Ride in a new place where there are waterfalls w/ my wife! It's our Apr 28th is my 22nd anniversary.

Honestly, I could list about 400 reasons this trip has me so excited. But I chose 10 good ones.

What are you looking forward to... that hits you on a different level than your typical vacation!?!

I knew you would write something nice. And Happy Anniversary! :) Im not going but am looking forward to the pics and videos of you all having a good time!! Will be awesome to see what you capture with the drone! :) Have fun ya'll no doubt you will!! :)

J

Jshell3

I knew you would write something nice. And Happy Anniversary! :) Im not going but am looking forward to the pics and videos of you all having a good time!! Will be awesome to see what you capture with the drone! :) Have fun ya'll no doubt you will!! :)
Awe! Thanks!

Reactions: Miss_Oak
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

10. To Ride in a new place where there are waterfalls w/ my wife! It's our Apr 28th is my 22nd anniversary.

Highly disappointed. ..
#1....
Should of read this:::
Oh My....
no Asphalt. ..
......MUD HOLE CITY.....
......I'M dying to see .....
pics....Enjoy...

Reactions: Eltobgi and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Highly disappointed. ..
#1....
Should of read this:::
Oh My....
no Asphalt. ..
......MUD HOLE CITY.....
......I'M dying to see .....
pics....Enjoy...
HA! You got me wrong, Roc! I indulge in the occasional mudhole. LOL

Reactions: rocmar
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

10. To Ride in a new place where there are waterfalls w/ my wife! Apr 28th is our 22nd anniversary.

I can say Im excited about most of the same. Looking forward to riding and visiting with people I already know..and meeting the ones I don't for the first time. This will be our anniversary trip as well. Can't say I'm excited about a 7 hour trip even though it's much shorter than some will have...But it will be worth it!! Look forward to see everyone next week!

J

Jshell3

I can say Im excited about most of the same. Looking forward to riding and visiting with people I already know..and meeting the ones I don't for the first time. This will be our anniversary trip as well. Can't say I'm excited about a 7 hour trip even though it's much shorter than some will have...But it will be worth it!! Look forward to see everyone next week!
Our similarities never cease to amaze me!

We are driving 1/2 way and stopping in Chattanooga to see Rock City. (Again). Two 4 Hour Drives with a rest in between is better than a solid 8 Hour Drive.…

Last edited by a moderator:
advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We are driving 1/2 way and stopping in Chattanooga to see Rock City. (Again). Two 4 Hour Drives with a rest in between is better than a solid 8 Hour Drive.…

Better than a 12 hour towing a 44' trailer. Lol. Seriously though, I just set the cruise control til I run out of diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

HaHa...
I hear ya...
good driving plan

Reactions: Jshell3
Rayrule

Rayrule

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Catskills Mts. NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Boy..this whole thing sounds like a lot of fun and sure wish I could attend. Hopefully next year!
I have been following everything you all have been doing in order to prepare for this event & it has been unreal.
Safe journeys & a safe weekend to all. And most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last year's takeover was our wedding celebration. We spent year before there too lol. This year is well past our anniversary date so maybe I'll actually get to ride some (meaning the sxs of course).

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Boy..this whole thing sounds like a lot of fun and sure wish I could attend. Hopefully next year!
I have been following everything you all have been doing in order to prepare for this event & it has been unreal.
Safe journeys & a safe weekend to all. And most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Thanks for the good words, we plan on seeing you next year!

advertisement