P1000_DLux

Its Only an Opinion Relax
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been looking at winches and mounting plates. I was looking at the Axion 35-S and 45-S but then I saw some pictures that make me think I may not get a clean fit and finish due to the space by the bumper.

So what do you run?
Easy Install?
Did you have to modify anything to make it fit?

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Look in the club store! There good quality winches. I have one. If u pm the head honcho he’ll get u a discount code. Everything u need is in the box. At checkout, it will ask u what machine u have to get the appropriate bracket.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For my type of riding I couldn't come to terms with putting the winch in the factory location. I went with a baddawg bumper with top winch mount. I put a 4k Superwinch on it. $350 for the bumper and $240 (I think) for the winch. I've pulled so many rigs with it. A 4seater RZRturbo on 32's from a sand pond, a rolled XP1k up a 4ft embankment, and it's got my 1k5 out every time. I have a good 20+ pulls on this winch. Its never stalled or had an issue. Quiet, and smooth. I really wasn't expecting much for that price.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For my type of riding I couldn't come to terms with putting the winch in the factory location. I went with a baddawg bumper with top winch mount. I put a 4k Superwinch on it. $350 for the bumper and $240 (I think) for the winch. I've pulled so many rigs with it. A 4seater RZRturbo on 32's from a sand pond, a rolled XP1k up a 4ft embankment, and it's got my 1k5 out every time. I have a good 20+ pulls on this winch. Its never stalled or had an issue. Quiet, and smooth. I really wasn't expecting much for that price.
My superwinch hasnt let me down in the three years I've had it. While not the sexiest girl in town, they just work.

Reactions: P1000_DLux
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My superwinch hasnt let me down in the three years I've had it. While not the sexiest girl in town, they just work.
My RZR had a Badlands 4500. It was loud, grindy, and would stall on a hard pull. The synthetic line was junk as well. I'm really happy with the superwinch. Specially for the money.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the super winch also. I've used it quite a bit and have no complaints. I didn't want to have to reach down in whatever mess I might get stuck in so I made a top mount.

IMG950602

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Viper Elite widespool from the club store.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My RZR had a Badlands 4500. It was loud, grindy, and would stall on a hard pull. The synthetic line was junk as well. I'm really happy with the superwinch. Specially for the money.
Must have been the 3500; they only make a 3500 and a 5000. My 5k is slow as hell in regards to retrieval but I've yet to stall it or have any sort of issue. I've only used the amsteel blue winch line after breaking two cheapo Amazon specials on the first or second pull.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have a 55 axon. Its strong but i probably wouldnt buy it again. U have to use their switch and plug. They do not have a wireless setup yet. If the voltage drops too much, the winch will pulse or not work with the built low voltage sensor. Previous winch was a 4k viper. It was borderline for power.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 55 axon. Its strong but i probably wouldnt buy it again. U have to use their switch and plug. They do not have a wireless setup yet. If the voltage drops too much, the winch will pulse or not work with the built low voltage sensor. Previous winch was a 4k viper. It was borderline for power.
I found that out, too. I bought the VRX to get the wireless remote.

Warn said the Axon has no solenoid access since it's sealed up, but they are working on a new angle possibly like the the Zeon winches.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

G

goheelzfan

May 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Warn Axon 45s on the stock bumper. It fit like a glove.

S

Steveo1

May 27, 2020
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got the superwinch 4500lb with the KFI mount on my P1K-3, installed it before the weekend and used it a bunch. Was stuck a few times in fairly deep mud where i was high centered. Pulled me out no problem. I also used it for pulling some green logs that beavers had chopped down to get them onto the trail so i could drag them behind the sxs. The largest was about 30ft with 20" diameter . Worked great and didn't experience any issues with draw on the electrical system but i just made sure the sxs was running when i was using the winch. One thing i would recommend was not using the stock fair lead mounting location as it gave the cable a bad angle coming from the drum into the fairlead, which i think if you where stuck it would actually load down the front suspension and put more load on the winch rather than lift the front up. This was especially a concern for me as the areas i go riding is a lot of smaller trees in and around muskeg so its hard to find solid winch point a lot of the time. I ended up using the mounting plate that came with the winch and cut a hole in the stock bumper for the fairlead to fit. i only thing i had to buy extra was 4x m8 x 40 bolts which i would recommend if using the stock location as the bolts that came didn't seem to have the best thread engagement through all the mounting plates. If using the stock fairlead location you probably only need m8x35 as the plate is a 1/4".
ToddACimer has a good post with pictures, that i followed. Superwinch Terra 45 Install with KFI Mount - The Honda Side by Side Club!.

J

jwerlau

Mar 4, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with super atv black ops with synthetic. Easy install. Was not worried about top mount so I used their mount.

Reactions: kg6862
J

JSHEB

Jun 23, 2020
NE Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the 6k lb black ops winch with the winching mounting plate all from super atv. The winch mounting plate
Put a horrible angle from the drum to the fairlead so i went with the emp mount that others have suggested from this forum that should be here tomorrow. Should have looked here first.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!